Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Healthy food stuff you actually love to eat
  • myti
    Free Member

In the spirit of NY resolutions and being good after Christmas what healthy food item, dish or recipe can you not get enough of? I don’t believe in diets so if something is healthy but enjoyable at the same time it win win.

My go to dish i never tire of is a ramen style noodle bowl. I have it vegan, veggie or meat depending on my mood, vary the veg, add an egg or cashews, change the noodles, change the seasonings. It’s impossible to get bored of and feels so nutritious and works summer or winter. Tonight’s version was buckwheat noodles with left over rib of beef, cashews, sliced sprouts, carrot, dried mushrooms and seaweed, miso, soy, siracha and an egg. 😋

Yak

Lentil bolognese tonight.

Having spent most of the daylight hours today rodding a total of 22m of drains full of congealled fat and mega meat turds , I have announced to my house that everyone is going vegetarian.

This may not last, but the rodding output today was mighty.

kennyp
    Free Member

Salad in general but raw tomatoes in particular. Love them and have them almost every day one way or another. Mrs Kenny grows them in the summer which knock spots off most of the shop bought ones.

sandboy

Dhal in its many guises. Never get bored of it always tasty and nutritious.

myti
    Free Member

Yeah i grow my own toms which i love raw but struggle to enjoy supermarket ones out of season

tdog
    Free Member

Mmm dahl, and rice cakes mmmmmm

chvck
    Free Member

Falafel, I love falafel. Also keen on daal. Most stuff where black beans are a major component, really like black beans too. Burgers where the patty is either falafel or some sort of black bean concoction are always a winner for me.

timidwheeler

Cucumber and raw carrots. Don’t need a dip although one enhances things.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Falafels in pitta, smothered in hummus packed with fresh lettuce and coriander… and a healthy handful of pickled chilliest.

doomanic

If I liked healthy stuff I wouldn’t need to join Chub Club. Again.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

lol that deep fried falafel smothered in hummus in a white pitta certainly is healthy!

I love it too, but don’t kid yourself that it is especially healthy.  nutritious yes,  certainly calorie dense as well!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thai / asian salad dressings are fantastic instead of oily dressings.

roast cauliflower in lime juice soy and chilli is awesome,

fennel apple celery.salad with lemon juice and grilled chicken, swoon super good

huevos rancheros  with avo on  toast on the side

loads of healthy stuff is well tasty

chvck
    Free Member

lol that deep fried falafel smothered in hummus in a white pitta certainly is healthy!

Not disagreeing with the sentiment but you can (and I do) bake falafel. Not sure what’s unhealthy about hummus either?

bearnecessities

It’s got more oil that BP.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sure yes baked is different.

Lots of oil in hummus. It is of course good for you in moderation, like nuts and so on. Depends on the healthy definition. It is very calorie dense thats all.

theboatman
    Free Member

Pretty much all standard veg cooked most ways and some raw, baring potatoes, which I find minging unless they are buried deep in curry.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Seafood/fish of all types

Seaweed snacks/nori

Bean and buckwheat chilli-non-carne cooked in stock (no oil)

Crudités/humus

Roast vegetables

Green veg soups ie cauli and kale

Root veg soups minus spuds

Tarka daal

Stir fried beansprouts

Nuts, ie walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts etc

Apples

Simple porridge made with water, oats, and apple chips

Rye bread toast with peanut butter

Proper wholefood salad bowls

Scrambled egg with tabasco on rye toast

Decaff coffee with oat milk

Roobois tea “” “”

Lentil stew

I like nearly all food! Just spend too much time eating bread and taters all ways because cheap and easy (and addictive)

Lots of oil in hummus

Have been adding less oil lately (1 dessert spoon extra virgin olive oil per batch) and it still tastes great imo. Pretty healthy with all that tahini and chick peas. As you say, portion control.

crikey
    Free Member

Sausages.

The rest of you can form an orderly queue for the B Ark.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

tahini is also….. go on…. guess….

sorry , not the hummus police i promise! Everything in moderation!

funkmasterp

Dhal in its many guises. Never get bored of it always tasty and nutritious.

Lentil dhal for me.

Also can easily eat my body weight in raw carrots

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

tahini is also….. go on…. guess….

Ok Dad, I know 😉

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tahini-benefits

Gunz
    Free Member

I love dates. Relatively high sugar content but in moderation (as with anything) there’s lots of fibre and other good stuff in there. Overall, a good ride snack.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

haha dont worry i love it too! great just as a dip with a little lemon juice mixed in 😋

myti
    Free Member

Oh yar dahl is great and sooo easy to make. Falafel and Humus pitta is my go to healthy pack lunch bikebouy! Yes we are talking healthy and nutritious not calorie counting here. It’s winter and a little insulation is not the end of the world.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Fajitas, if you have sour cream; guacamole; salsa; cheese in moderation.

eskay

My home made beef jerky.

Decent joint of beef thinly sliced

Marinate in one bottle Worcester sauce, one bottle soy sauce and some chilli flakes overnight.

Put in dehydrater until ready and munch away (takes 6 or 7 hours)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

…rodding a total of 22m of drains full of congealled fat and mega meat turds…

You have a fitting forum name for this post.

doris5000

how has no-one mentioned roast beetroot?

heathens

kayak23

Pizza! Man I love it!

slowoldman

Nowt wrong with oil (or fats really) it’s carbs you have to watch because

Just spend too much time eating bread and taters all ways because cheap and easy (and addictive)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

how has no-one mentioned roast beetroot?

Came under roast veg of all types 😉. Did have a beet wellington for chrimbo. Top notch.

Also some veg jerky. Sounds rude, tastes ace 👍🏼

tdog
    Free Member

Ooo who mentioned Seaweed snacks-PHOAAARRR!

Pass that crate squire

I’m quite into dried mango slices.

Chuck a bit of salt on them and they are even better. Trust me

Kuco

Apples, actually most fruit.

trumpton
    Free Member

I love couscous. Mainly carbs though.

plus-one

Wotsits

stompy

Broccoli…… It is just ace.

And fresh ginger, garlic and chilli…. Great health benefits and an awesome flavour combo.

My good lady has just made a huge batch of detox soup which has virtually nothing even remotely bad in it and is pretty amazing….. Full of ginger and spices.

Stainypants

Ryb-eye steak and 4 fried eggs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fresh veg -crunchier the better. Lightly steamed if they must be heated.

And I’ll take good oils over sugar (processed) any day of any week.

Falafel and humous can have a part in a healthy diet. Certainly more so than chips and coke.

Also like my fish. Poached white fish , mackerel , baked salmon , tuna , sardines.

Eggs . Love an egg. Poached , scrambled , boiled. How ever must be fresh cooked and properly cooked, can’t be doing with cold/overcooked eggs

tomd
    Free Member

Puy Lentils, particularly the Merchant Gourmet ones in a microwave packet.

Don’t know why but I find them tasty on their own or amazing with any kind of sauce. Ideal for taking to work.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Healthy food stuff you actually love to eat’ is closed to new replies.