Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Have you ever done anything heroic?
  • Bregante

Like a few others on here, stemmed some pretty serious bleeding, talked a couple off the wrong side of bridges and once held a 15st guy on my shoulders while my mate frantically searched for something to cut the dressing gown cord that was round his neck. That hurt a bit because he was clawing my face and sticking his fingers in my eyes because he didn’t want to be saved.

He later made a complaint about damage to his front door and muddy boot prints round his house. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Right place right time – ‘loading bay’ (very shonky like most of site) gate on top of 5 story office block I was labouring on, gate swung up to just over head height but someone had removed the stops for some completely unknown reason, foreman stood on edge guiding stuff up as the gate swung round and smacked him in the back of head sending him off the top, managed to grab him before he went.

brodie
    Free Member

Managed to talk my way out of being shot in the head in Iraq when some local militia guys thought we were thieves, i’m told I made some comment about the shocking condition of the rifle barrel I was looking down. Broke the tension just enough for us to explain ourselves. Got circled by an A10 and managed not to poop myself, thats quite brave.

Saved a friend from choking after he inhaled the top off an ice pole.

paladin

Surely heroism is others perception of your acts, your only a hero in others eyes. Bit big headed to label yourself a hero unless you’ve got a red cape on and your pants on top of your trousers

brodie
    Free Member

Ah but the question is “have you ever done anything heroic?” not “are you a hero?”

And yes I do wear my pants on top of my trousers.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ve been eating my wife’s cooking now for 17 years and by my reckoning that should get me 2 gold stars and a commendation for bravery !!

_tom_
    Free Member

Slept with a really rough girl on holiday because she looked like a mates sister and this was therefore hilarious for the rest of my mates. Does that count?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Not sure if its heroic as didn’t do anything but walked past a bunch of lads (i know check me go) on a underpass with my mate, went round the corner saw to pretty attractive girls wearing next to nothing walking towards the underpass, me and my mate walked on then something twigged said to my mate think we should turn around. Went back around the corner two girls running towards us asking for us to walk with them as said bunch of lads swiftly turned around from following/taunting them. This was back when I was a student so was proper skinny (more than I am now) have no idea why they were intimidated enough to walk away.

Drac

No I’m not a fireman,

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i pulled a kid out of the sea who was in serious difficulty. was fishing with some mates off the rocks and a boy of 12 or so came running to us crying that his brother was drowning.
    by the time we got to where he was, he was beneath the surface. i went in and got to him before he inhaled water,he was concious as my mate hauled him out.

i can remember seeing him motionless underwater and it was like one of those dreams when you cant move fast enough.

it didnt feel heroic though- i cried my eyes out afterwards….it was really close

yunki
    Free Member

I pulled my sister off the bottom of a swimming pool when she was a baby, also supported Exeter City as a youf

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever done anything heroic?’ is closed to new replies.