• This topic has 32 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Have you done your night ride yet?
  • Gilles

I did! Ok it was only at the beginning of September so far:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A1-6PyC6YE[/video]

with a bit of 80’s retro music, free of charge.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sort of…it was a day ride,in the dark.With no lights 😳

Stuey01
    Free Member

What lights are those? Didn’t seem to be giving you much illumination!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Went last night for til 10pm ish, clear sky, lots of animals and glowing eyes; I have missed the dark

Gilles

Stuey, to be fair i can’t remember, they are old lights running on an old Lumicycle battery. That’s why i have to stick behind the leader with his Exposure Light.

Trekster

Just in from first dark night ride@ Mabie followed by some good banter and a chicken curry in the Shed cafe 😆
    It was wet, very, very wet 😆

rOcKeTdOg

did first “start in the dark” ride about 3 weeks ago, were plenty of “it’ll finish in the dark, so bring lights” rides since the middle of july. the price of riding buddies with small kids, who need putting to bed before daddy can come riding

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Wednesday coming……..@ Glentress 🙂

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yep brief flirt last night- enjoyed it but know by January time the novelty will have worn off!

dadster21
    Free Member

I nightride all year round – mainly due to work!!!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oh yes ……been out for the last couple of midweek evening rides……..new light you see …

RoterStern
    Free Member

Every night of the week so far for me. In fact just got back in from tonight’s sorty.

coastkid
    Free Member

Don`t you folk ride at night all year round? or do you have to be home before a curfew/ turn into a pumpkin? 😆

Even in southern Scotland its dark enough in June by 10 pm in woods for lights,

Know what you mean though, tis the time to get lit up… 🙂
    Now sunset is 7.30pm here so you get a daylight, sunset,and night trails into a 3 hour local ride 🙂

Watch out for Trolls 😉

Midweek cycle 057 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 060 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Midweek cycle 059 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Last week heading home, sky is light but dark in the woods, hard to film a t night…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGh-s9rnr1g&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ&index=5&feature=plcp[/video]

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup… Back in from another lovely spin around Delamere.

labsey
    Free Member

Rode home from college in the dark. Does that count?

DrP

Out ’till nearly midnight on Tuesday! Loved it – cool but not cold, trails running proper fast, and no fatalities…!!

DrP

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I go out every Wednesday night. Only for a few weeks in June do we have daylight for the whole ride. first ride of the second half of the ride starting in the dark yesterday. Beautiful night for it 🙂

Cheezpleez

Use my lights year round but last night felt like the first properly dark one this autumn. I love night rides 😀

rudebwoy
    Free Member

just waiting for the missus to come home…..

Bregante

Just got in. First night ride for over two years (broke my wrist last time). Loved if 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Got the lights out for the first time in a couple of months on Sunday. Enjoyed!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nightride every Monday, Wednesday(club) and Friday(solo, if I can fit it in)
    Nightriding is the nuts 8)

forge197
    Free Member

Need to sort the lights out on my local rides bike, a job for Monday evening I think and maybe head out on Tuesday 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

Saturday night I think is going to be my first nightride of the year. Didn’t do much at last winter but I think I’ll give it more of a go this year. Moving to my native north east, so old friends and home trails are a good combination 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rode my MTB to a spin class last night 6:30 – 7:30. Hadn’t realised that it was dark so soon. Ride back through woods with no lights was interesting and a little spooky. Didn’t want to go too fast as I couldn’t see much, but didn’t want to hang around with all the gremlins either?

weeksy

Tomorrow.. but will be starting as a day ride… through the night and finishing as a day ride 🙂

vorlich
    Free Member

Not yet.

Between injury and a Formula bleed kit from one of the ‘budget’ suppliers, not actually fitting my Formula brakes. I have been off the bike for the past few weeks.

If I don’t ride this weekend, I may fly into a murderous rage. 👿

stanfree
    Free Member

Did the first one this week and found out my magicshines had turned to magic shites , Continued round at a snails pace but still enjoyed It.
    I’ll be out again next week.

scaled
    Free Member

Got out this week, dragged my old riding buddy out for his first ride this year with his £30 ebay lights (that worked amazingly well for the money)

Met some new folks and had an awesome time, still not run out of battery with my new lights yet so 2 hours is doable 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup – I did it in July – started at Nanty at 10pm and finished 15 hours later in Brecon 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Gilles,

have a word with the guy you are following, flashing rear light in the woods, very poor form!!!

Paceman
    Free Member

Brilliant singletrack ride with the BrightonMTB guys around Stanmer Woods last night. Fantastic conditions.

DezB
    Free Member

First one last night – but then I do do one every night in the winter with my dog.
    Used my new Troutised Hope v2 – excellent!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Have you done your night ride yet?’ is closed to new replies.