Viewing 2 posts - 121 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Have we done the Grenfell Tower bonfire video yet?
  • binners

What’s more concerning is that while this is being discussed re Glenfell, behind the scenes the powers that be seem to be gearing up for what looks like a good, old-fashioned, Hillsborough-style, stablishment whitewash.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/grenfell-tower-gagging-clause-cladding-experts-company-criticism-banned-theresa-may-government-a8622641.html

I’m sure this is all proving to be a very handy distraction

gobuchul
    Free Member

The pattern here regardless of the OP’s “I had better say that what they did was bad thing to do, I wouldn’t want anyone thinking I was a monster” comment at the beginning is that its not worth the time and effort, they are not worth the time and effort.

I suppose I did. Although what normal, right thinking person would think anything else?

Initially I didn’t think it was the best use of Police resource, seemed to be a political thing rather dealing with crime. It also gave them loads of publicity.

However, in hindsight, possibly I underestimated Plod? If their actions and publicly of searching their bins, prevented a lynch mob and a serious violent crime being committed, then that probably is a sensible use of their resources, as that would of tied up a lot of it.

Although I agree with the sentiment of Binners approach, these people probably do deserve a bit of a shoeing and I wouldn’t shed a tear or wring a hand if they got it. However, in reality it would not be the correct approach and would tie the Police even more.

Viewing 2 posts - 121 through 122 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the Grenfell Tower bonfire video yet?’ is closed to new replies.