Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Have we done Shatner in Space??
  • dirkpitt74

So Captain Kirk (finally) gets to “boldly go where no 90 year old has gone before” courtesy of Dr Evil Jeff Bezos.

Be interesting to know what sort of training & medical he’s gone through as lets face it 90 isn’t exactly the new 50 is it…..

Anyway lets get the puns out of the way (feel free to add your own):

If the launch is a bit rough he’ll Shatner space suit…..

fasthaggis

Set the haters to stun

fasthaggis

He will boldly go where not many other rich people have gone before.

fooman

I suspect he’s not paying for his seat (though I’m sure he could) +ve publicity for Blue Origin. These 10 minute trips to space leave me a little cold though, for the money a trip on the vomit comet will give you more zero gravity for a lot less. Seems a bit of bragging rights.

Still a busy boy work wise, did anyone see “Better Late Than Never” the guy is a riot even in his 80s.

dirkpitt74

Apparently Branson offered him a VG seat but turned it down as Beardy wanted too much money……

Wonder if you’ll be able to get cheap flights if you’re an Amazon Prime Member???

the-muffin-man

Be interesting to know what sort of training & medical he’s gone through as lets face it 90 isn’t exactly the new 50 is it…..

There’d be worse ways to go!

Apparently Branson offered him a VG seat but turned it down as Beardy wanted too much money……

Yeah, but – the choice between a proper rocket or dodgy aeroplane thing? Rocket every time! 🙂

winston
    Free Member

Cake is a made up drug.

scuttler

Should send the four of them up in Star Trek jerseys – Shatner in his traditional mustard (or whatever it is), someone else sort of important in blue (not sure who else is riding but loaded != important) and the other two in red proper shitting ’emselves.

FuzzyWuzzy

Wonder if you’ll be able to get cheap flights if you’re an Amazon Prime Member???

Only if your Alexa reports you’ve not said anything anti-Amazon/Jeff :p

mrdestructo

If he cries when he gets up there, I will too.

racefaceec90
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Damn…. is that all it takes? Why wasn’t he sent earlier??

Business looks like it’s taken a hit!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I think they should put a fair few celebrities into space with a
    limited fuel supply.

Daffy

Have we done Shatner in Space??

I think about 90% of The Original Series was people doing Shatner in space.

leffeboy

The I want to know what we need to do to save the earth comment was annoying.  Would love to see what he says when he comes back

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not a fan of space tourism as a concept, but I struggle to not love the idea of Shatner having the chance to do this.

Hope I’m that capable when I’m his age.

tthew

The I want to know what we need to do to save the earth comment was annoying.

Indeed. Not shooting yourself into space in a cock rocket would be a good start.

One rocket launch produces up to 300 tons of carbon dioxide into the upper atmosphere where it can remain for years.

Stupid old ****

Mackem

He’s past his Amazon Prime.

mashr

Indeed. Not shooting yourself into space in a rocket would be a good start.

One rocket launch produces up to 300 tons of carbon dioxide into the upper atmosphere where it can remain for years.

Would that figure not happen to be for the likes of the Virgin rubber burning firework?

dirkpitt74

One rocket launch produces up to 300 tons of carbon dioxide into the upper atmosphere where it can remain for years.

Don’t think that’s true for Blue Origin though as it uses Hydrogen & Oxygen mix so only* produces water vapour – although this forms clouds in the upper atmosphere and contributes to climate change/global warming.

Where as Bransons ‘Rocket plane’ uses solid fuel which it just like burning a bunch of old tyres in terms of pollution etc…..

The 300 tons is more like the standard rocket launches of NASA/Space-X/Russia/China etc.

*There are a few other biproducts of combustion but not huge amounts.

fazzini

He’s past his Amazon Prime.

Worthy of recognition

P-Jay
    Free Member

I fully understand the carbon cost, and how the idea of firing dickheads into space at $500k a pop whilst people starve is pretty stupid…

But if I was offered a seat, I’d take it without a moments hesitation. If I was 90 and wealthy, I’d be even more up for it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The I want to know what we need to do to save the earth comment was annoying.

dirkpitt74

Perhaps he’s expecting to see a fleet of Klingon Birds of Prey waiting just out of camera shot to attack the earth……

davros

Is he taking his bassoon up there?

dirkpitt74

@twinw4ll

I think they should put a fair few celebrities into space with a
    limited fuel oxygen supply.

Fixed that for you ^^^

kelvin

in red proper shitting ’emselves

uniforms

chipps

Is that your work, Kelvin? Genius! 🙂

scuttler

Mint @kelvin

chakaping
    Free Member

Please, please, please tell me some media outlet has used the headline “Shatner to oldly go…”?

thols2

kelvin

Is that your work, Kelvin?

Absolutely not! Click the photo to go to the Newsthump source.

RustySpanner

The first wig in space?

That’s some going……

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Corset is.

dirkpitt74

It’s live HERE if anyone is interested……

dyna-ti

Well done to him, given he’s 90 yr old. Hell, he looks better than me, and I dont see myself getting to such a ripe old age 😆

Maybe it’s all that cycling he does.

Daffy

Shatner was famous for being fastidious about his health…at one time.

mashr

Bless, Bezos is back in his costume even though he’s not going anywhere

the-muffin-man

Remarkable how casual it all is – I’ve seen more fuss when spotty teenagers are getting you ready for a zip-wire ride!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Enterpiece ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Shatner in Space??’ is closed to new replies.