Home Forums Chat Forum Have we done Ear Wax Removal?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Have we done Ear Wax Removal?
    blokeuptheroad

Oh yeah smartphone-compatible borescopes are now super cheap and if you own one of these and you don’t put it in your ear <at the very least> for a look there is something wrong with you.

Waits for the DIY colonic irrigation thread…

sharkattack

I’ve got loads of isopropyl alcohol in the garage. I just googled it out of curiosity and it appears to be a widely used method for dissolving ear wax.

I might give it a spin.

kormoran
    Free Member

Yeah I got some horrible concoction for removing ski wax from the bases. Even the guy in the shop was cagey about selling it to me

What could possibly go wrong?

slowoldman

I’ve got loads of isopropyl alcohol in the garage. I just googled it out of curiosity and it appears to be a widely used method for dissolving ear wax.

I worked in Saudi a long tome ago and the pharmacist gave me hydrogen peroxide drops. I was dubious but they worked. Lovely fizzy sound whilst they did their work. I assume I have bleached ear drums.

Pickers

My local Specsavers that does my ears tell me that they can do it for free if I get a referral from the GP

kennyp
    Free Member

Not sure where you live but I had it done for free in Scotland a few months ago.  Painless and quick.

blokeuptheroad

Off the back of this thread, I googled places that do it locally (Shropshire).  I was pleasantly surprised to see that my GP surgery does the micro suction thingumy for free.  They do prioritise people with a referral from audiology to have it done, so anyone else may have a bit of a wait which is fair enough. I DIY mine with warm water from a syringe with a special silicone multi jet tip. It shifts some, but I never get the same immediate improvement in hearing I used to get after an old school syringing when they used to do that.  That may just be because of age related deafness?  I’ll ring the GP and get them to stick their hoover nozzle in there.

Edukator
    Free Member

Jet wash?

Yup, twice a week with warm water after swimming, no more problems:

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.