Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Have I been ripped off
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Don’t buy from classifieds-only users.
    Leave feedback on the ad thread for completed sales.

Amazing this hasn’t taken off as its so easy to do, allows potential purchasers to check seller history and makes for the due diligence the mods suggest. If we can’t be bothered to do this as a level of self policing why should the mods take work on?

svalgis
    Free Member

STW should have a forum section dedicated to buyer/seller feedback, where each user gets a personal thread (with their nick as the topic) where those having dealt with them give feedback. Much easier to find rather than individual ads, and easy for serious users to save the link and provide it to the other party and ask for feedback after the deal is done.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I do this all the time when buying stuff, but when selling, the number of buyers who never let you know the stuff turns up is quite high.
    Obviously its too much effort for them, so I cant see feedback on the FS threads working out tbh.

adeeree
    Free Member

Johnellison,I think you’ve been very lucky.my wifes best mate has just been refunded straight after her ex husband had bought £30 of phone top ups and HAD hacked her account.Paypal refunded her straight away saying that they were investigating but she’s heard nothing since,this was mid december

proflexforever
    Free Member

advert

His phone number is this ad

cchris2lou

well stooo , if you are reading , you are not true to your words .

you contacted me apologizing for the delay after you posted on here .

i agreed for the goods to be sent to me straight away . you agreed a small refund which i donated to your charity fund .

and guess what ? still no goods !!

for info that is stuart potter from Innerleithen .
    he was active on linkedln a few days ago .

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I have been scammed on here but i take full responsibility for it. I didn’t check history etc. but i always pay by paypal (not gift) and got the money back.

For me as a seller i have several friends (very respected) as members of the site who would quickly be on my case.

I honestly don’t know how to police the classifieds. As mentioned before i hardly ever get emails saying things have been received but i always post recorded so that isn’t an issue.

For me now i will only buy with paypal or cash on collection. Simple as that.

cchris2lou

not a massive amount , but annoying . seems like a decent guy but at the moment he has my money and the parts . might have to start posting on his work fb page !

on retrobike we have a feedback section .

we could have one on here and seller would have to link it to their sales advert .

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Have I been ripped off’ is closed to new replies.