Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Have I been ripped off
  • DrP

I’m up for a drive to North Notts for a small party.
    Big question, bring the wife or just myself…..

DrP

Edit – seen the criteria…couple it is….

cozz
    Free Member

yeah – go as a couple –

You and a pair of bombers

reedspeed
    Free Member

Ya could invite ureself to his swingers pardy !!!!

cchris2lou

looks like i have been ripped off to by stuart potter from Innerleithen .

his forum name is Stooo and his website is http://www.biggestjourney.com

not a lot of money but annoyed .

whattyre
    Free Member

Can the mods do a feedback thingy like a simple version of what eBay does? Just an idea.. The more you sell to happy folk the more “whatever’s” you get so your a bit more trusting to others maybe

druidh
    Free Member

It’s easy to make an accusation with no facts to back it up.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

[ firestarter – Member

I dislike selling via paypal as I got ripped off buy a buyer ]

How did you get ripped off? I use paypal for most of my ebay selling. I’ve heard that you can be ripped off, but never been able to work out how?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

How does the quote thing work??

cchris2lou

paid for a sram force chainset and a stem before xmas and nothing received yet . sent a few emails and fb messages .

sale thread here :

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/clearout-middleburn-chris-king-devolution-light-rd-wheels-allsorts-rd-mtb

jota180
    Free Member

Press the quote button, paste the text, press the quote button again

spacemonkey

Can the mods do a feedback thingy like a simple version of what eBay does? Just an idea.. The more you sell to happy folk the more “whatever’s” you get so your a bit more trusting to others maybe

Unfortunately the mods aren’t interested in this type of thing. It’s been mentioned before but the same ol’ argument about buyers doing due diligence keeps popping up. Shame, cos this really lets them down.

whattyre
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it may be easy to organise…..shame

pictonroad

I emailed a few times about that bike, had a bit of Conversation about it, something didn’t feel right, he might just be rubbish at communicating though, it’s not been long.

Only bought two items from here, both were broken and deliberately mid advertised, should leave it now I guess!

adeeree
    Free Member

everyone is banging on about paypal.read the small print…anyone has 120 days in which to cancel their payment,in which they get the goods sent then get a refund from paypal.All they have to do is say they were hacked and they get their money straight back,no investigation,not even a phone call,just a straight refund,even if it’s from a verified seller.And if you do get scammed pay pal cust services don’t want to know.

rickon
    Free Member

It may not be a con, looking into his history he did have a set of fulcrum 7s for sale a while back, which ties up with the ad the OP bought from.

The and seems a little specific as a con, maybe he’s just lazy? Or a little tied up?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

cchris2lou – Member
    looks like i have been ripped off to by stuart potter from Innerleithen .

his forum name is Stooo and his website is http://www.biggestjourney.com

not a lot of money but annoyed .

I’d be very surprised if this Is the case…

Drac

I have reported it and the powers at be did nothing.

He is using an assumed name in his profile as well. They don’t care about that either.

Can you provide us with more than speculation please as last time we reviewed there was no positive proof.

Twin
    Free Member

Seems to be lots more scamming on here lately. Never been ripped off myself, but sometimes have been about to say ‘I’ll take that!’ and checked the history and think better of it. I don’t mind buying from someone who only posts on the for sale section, as long as they’ve been selling for a while with no negative comments posted on their threads. It’s worked so far, but I’ve been more cautious lately, lost count of the ‘I’ve been ripped off threads’.

stooo
    Free Member

Hi all….

Hi Chris,
    Huge apologies. I haven’t ripped you off, but can understand you being Pi$$3d off with the delay. Ive been away over christmas and new year and only got back on Sunday. I didn’t manage to get your stuff posted before going away and this last couple of weeks has been pretty tough (personal stuff, though not making excuses).

I have your c set and stem boxed and in the car for posting tomorrow but would be more than happy to refund your cash if you’d prefer.

Will email you, but wanted to make a public apology.

jamj1974

Press the quote button, paste the text, press the quote button again

Jota speaks the truth – thanks for giving me the same guidance which worked Jota!

jamj1974

Unfortunately the mods aren’t interested in this type of thing… Shame, cos this really lets them down.

Which bit? Cracking down on fraud or not setting up STW swingers parties?

(Quote deliberately misleadingly edited!)

thejesmonddingo

Do you think he is this kevinw ?
    http://www.faceparty.com/kevinw78

cchris2lou

@ stoo : i think lack of communication is more annoying sometimes .

I ll have the stuff rather than a refund. .

hora
    Free Member

Freeform5spot is back and selling and I suspect mentioned in a post

Drac

Same question to your Hora can you email us with this proof please.

wwaswas

The whole ‘trusted seller’ thing come sup on very one of these threads.

If you’re someone this matters to it’s easy;

1) buy from someone you ‘know’ on here.

2) look at their selling history

3) leave feedback on the for sale thread when the transaction is complete for anyone who feels the same way.

Doesn’t need stw to do anything.

I’ve seen about two people carry out action 3) on my list, ever, so it’s clearly not that big an issue for people.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

premier only classifieds.

jota180
    Free Member

3) leave feedback on the for sale thread when the transaction is complete for anyone who feels the same way

I agree with that but if sellers post loads of ads as in the OPs case, it’ll be a bit onerous searching them all for feedback.
    Maybe an agreed key word needs to be used?
    “FEEDBACK” maybe? – it would make searching easier

bruneep

And they are more trustworthy?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

And they are more trustworthy?

Granted not always, but more information is held on them (to post out magazine)

hora
    Free Member

I’ve bought two dodgy forks off of Premier users. Doesn’t work.

I’m not a ‘P’ user yet I feel my for sales stuff is bang-on/as I describe it.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve bought two dodgy forks off of Premier users. Doesn’t work.
    I’m not a ‘P’ user yet I feel my for sales stuff is bang-on/as I describe it.

It was a suggestion purely based on information held. Not the person them selves. Like on the Bay, you get the sellers information.

I personally wouldn’t hesitate buying off someone like your self Hora as I see you on here regularly. I’d never touch a classifieds only seller no matter how long they have been trading for.

But at the end of the day, 99% of these threads come up because of a classifieds only seller and bank transfer/PP gift. Don’t Use!!!!

FuzzyWuzzy

The trouble is as well the more STW try and police it the more accountable they become. It’s hardly their core business either so can see why they don’t want to invest time/money in sorting out a rating system and having a ‘seller feedback’ area like on BR doesn’t do a whole lot IMO and needs lots of additional modding.

At the end of the day if, in this day and age, someone is still naive enough to believe they can trust a complete stranger on the Internet then they have to have a look in the mirror at where the problem lies if they get ripped off. If you take a lot of precautions and still get ripped off (which can happen) then you have my sympathies but come on, sending someone you don’t know and have no clue where they live £150 by bank transfer is just a ridiculous risk to take.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have never had a problem and I hope no one has ever felt I have ripped them off.

I hate selling stuff as everyone’s view is different

johnellison
    Free Member

everyone is banging on about paypal.read the small print…anyone has 120 days in which to cancel their payment,in which they get the goods sent then get a refund from paypal.All they have to do is say they were hacked and they get their money straight back,no investigation,not even a phone call,just a straight refund,even if it’s from a verified seller.And if you do get scammed pay pal cust services don’t want to know.

Not true. PayPal are very thorough and very particular when it comes to contested sales.

I’ve made claims against fraudulent sellers, and I’ve also had (unfounded) claims made against me.

In all cases, PayPal DO NOT issue a refund until they have gathered evidence from both parties.

As an example – I once sold a pair of Onza trials pedals to a guy in Canada through eBay. He paid for them within an hour of the auction ending, through PayPal. I posted them the next day.

Five weeks later, I get a disputed transaction notice from PayPal, as he claimed that he hadn’t received the goods (I always use Royal Mail Internation Signed for when posting overseas, normally takes 4 – 5 days even to the likes of Australia, and is guaranteed).

I had kept all the receipts and dispatch notes, and provided copies of these to PayPal. After about 48 hours they found in my favour – result: no refund to the buyer. Mysteriously, the pedals turned up 24 hours later.

I have 10 years experience of using PayPal and I have no complaints. But then, I do play by the rules and read the small print every time.

plyphon
    Free Member

Exactly as per above. If you play by PayPals (fairly reasonable)rules you have little to loose. Keeping receipts, sending tracked and signed for, etc.

Also, afaik, if you bank transfer and the person doesn’t deliver goods that is still classed as theft and you can get the police involved. *might be wrong – but I think that’s right.*

I;m not sure is S75 covers you in bank transfer… it might do. Worth reading into.

I recently bought a whole bike (£700) via PayPal, the thought of being stitched up did cross my mind but the bike came through as described and I’ve been a very happy boy since – not all faith in humanity is lost!

kazafaza
    Free Member

Sooo, maybe it’d be a good idea to open a thread, named for example “feedback – sellers” and we can all share our experience there? Any post would have to start with “feedback: username” so it’d be easy to use the search option for any scammers?

So far I’m only happy with purchases from people on here…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Feedback added to the original sale/wtd thread – that’s all it needs.
    Happy to lead by example on this one:

This is an example of the practice I’ve adopted

stevied
    Free Member

How about having a openly viewable message board on each members profile? There is a similar thing on MTBR and you can leave ‘rep’ for members..
    That way anyone buying or selling can leave a short message for all to see – a bit like ‘feedback’ on eBay?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Surely if PayPal is used properly the policing becomes irrelevant?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Have I been ripped off’ is closed to new replies.