Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Has anyone used a Maxxis Pace in 29er flavour?
  • welshfarmer

I am after some new rubber for the 29er used mainly for MTB Orienteering events. Have happily run a MK front and an Ikon rear for past 2 years and indeed have no complaints with this combo running around the local area (Brecon Beacons). However, I now find myself travelling further afield to do events in slightly less mountainous areas where a 60 km event may involve upto 45 kms of asphalt and the other 15 kms a mix of gravel tracks and field margin Bridleways. So really I am looking for the best possible tyre that will roll easy on the tarmac but still have enough grip for the occasional muddy bridleway. Running tubeless.

The Maxxis Pace seems to be a slightly less aggressive version of the IKON but I can find no proper reviews of the 29″ version anywhere on line. Anyone tried one?

Other tyres of interest I would like to hear opinions on are the Conti Racekings & the Specialized Fast Traks.

Plus any other recommendations of course….

welshfarmer

I’ll take that as a no then 🙂

fifeandy
    Free Member

It’s only the 60tpi carcass, and no 3C compound so i’d be surprised if its any faster than an Ikon.
    I’d be looking at a Race King or a Thunder Burt

the00
    Free Member

Have you tried the Crossmark? I love how quick they roll.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone used a Maxxis Pace in 29er flavour?’ is closed to new replies.