Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hardtail for under £800*
  • Euro
    Free Member

Mate in work is wanting to get himself a bike. His budget was £300 but is slowly creeping up and is currently around £500. I’ve had a look around and am recommending he spends a bit more and get an 45650b (x5 version) @ £800. Reason being it wont need upgrading anytime soon and can take tapered forks and a dropper and any £500 bikes i saw have shitty forks and or 1/18 headtube. Is there anything out there that’s less than £800 and a better bet for general riding about.

Cheers

* in title means please don’t suggest anything more than £800 as what usually happens in these threads 😆

EDIT: NOT A 29 (he’s only wee)

thepodge
    Free Member

Voodoo Bizango @ 550-600

Sub £1000 bike of the year

Easy to get a test ride / sit on for sizing

Cracking value for money

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member
    Northwind

Voodoo Bizango? better than a lot of £1000+ bikes. No pressing need to upgrade forks but I think it’s a 44mm headtube so can take a taper. 29er not 650b and only comes in a medium or large, if either those are dealbreakers.

matt_outandabout

Second hand for that kind of budget! Pop a wanted on here and be patient for the right bike.

Euro
    Free Member

Some good suggestions. Sadly he’s not interested in second hand and wants it now!!! Voodoo Bizango looks great for the money but hes 5’7 with little legs and may struggle on a medium. At least he can have a sit on one, not like on one and it’s not £800 which i think he’ll like. Thanks

perchypanther
    Free Member

Last years Voodoo Hoodoo? 26 wheels and ickle frame sizes?
    Halfords were punting them for about £350 quid now that the 2015 model with 27.5 wheels is out.

I’ve got one and I love it….. and it’s red. Which is faster obvs.

petersnell
    Free Member

New bizango comes in 16″ aswell I believe.

shaungero
    Free Member

Second hand for sure, I picked up a 2014 cotic soul in mint condition with dropper and revs on it for £800. Just be patient with the money ready and you will come across the bike you want.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cube Ltd /acid , spec wise full of XT and Slx

Euro
    Free Member

It’s looking like a toss up between the Bizango and the 456. Thanks for the suggestions.

andy4d

I love my cube acid, copes with all my ability can throw its way. Boardmans are good bang for your buck also.

iainc

I got my son a Cube Acid at beginning of the year, great bike and good spec for the money.

nwill1
    Free Member

There is a lovely specced BFE for £750 on Pinkbike…a lot more bike for the money…medium…XT brakes…Hope Hoops (Flow EX)…Renthal Bars…Etc…etc. I’d be looking 2nd hand 26er!

Not mine!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail for under £800*’ is closed to new replies.