Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Hand Tattoo .. Yay or Nay ?
  • freeagent
    Free Member

Every decades old tattoo I have seen was blurred and faded. Not a good look. So it’s a no from me. Especially on the hands.

Or have inks and techniques improved?

UV light is the biggest killer of Tattoos.
    Keep them covered in the sun and they’ll look better for longer.

_tom_
    Free Member

Or have inks and techniques improved?

Yeah they have. OP I probably wouldn’t get a hand tattoo despite having half of one leg and one arm covered in em. Although they’re more accepted now there are (as this thread shows) still far too many shallow/judgemental people about for it to be a good idea imo, if you ever want to change jobs etc.

slowoldman

I accept my place as “shallow”. Maybe I should have it tatooed on the back of my hand.

Jamie
    Free Member

Pick a hand, any hand…

lunge

Whether people should judge you on your tattoo’s is irrelevant, some always will. If you want the tattoo you just need to decide if that desire is outweighed by the potential employment problems having it give you. and only you, not a bunch of internet nerds can answer that.

natrix
    Free Member

As said above, LOVE / HATE on your knuckles – job done 😆

Trimix
    Free Member

Stop asking us – get a temporary one done. Then come back in a few years and tell us how it went.

binners
    njee20
    Free Member

Existing tattoos will be allowed to remain as the older tiger, dragon and skull designs are gradually replaced by depictions of an open-plan call centre and parents not hugging their child enough.

😆

binners
    kudos100
    Free Member

Asking about hand tattoos on STW is akin to asking about being an immigrant, and claiming benefits on the daily mail site………..

RustySpanner

They CAN be nice, honest.

God-daughter has wrist band with flowers, copied from an old flora she found.
    It’s very nice and it suits her.

Not for me, I don’t think, but if you’re going to have one, might as well have a classy one.

imnotverygood

Get a pair of these, then you can always take them off when you aren’t riding.

jimjam
    Free Member

freeagent – Member

Are you –

A – a Sex worker
    B – a South American Gang Member
    C – doing a long Stretch inside

If you answered yes to any of the above – get a Tat on your hand.

Times change, and I think your list needs updating. Allow me

Are You –

A – a Hairdresser
    B – a Barista
    C – a Sandwich Artist
    D – a Supervisor in a Supermarket….
    E – a Male model
    F – etc etc
    then get a hand tatoo.

bigblackshed

Both of my nephews are in the Army. Both have tattoos, one has a hand tattoo of his regiment. He doesn’t want to be in the army any more. He’s got to wear that for life. Unless he can find the money for removal.

Personally I like tattoos, or that should be very well done tattoos, but I wouldn’t employ someone with face or hand tattoos in a customer facing job. Not because I find them distatseful or abhorent, but because others do or could. It could be seen negatively buy potential customers.

If you’re going ahead, get something classy:

_tom_
    Free Member

He’s got to wear that for life. Unless he can find the money for removal.

Good artists can do a very good job of covering stuff up as well.

DezB
    Free Member

flowers, copied from an old flora she found.

Yes, that would look rather nice..

bigblackshed

_tom_ – Member

Good artists can do a very good job of covering stuff up as well.

It runs from his wrist to his the end of his little finger on the side of his right hand. It’s fairly thick black script. Covering it with more ink will make it bigger and more more prominent.

His decision, his hand, his life.

RustySpanner

DezB – Member
    Yes, that would look rather nice..

Could have been much worse:

njee20
    Free Member

His decision, his hand, his life.

Cheaper fix:

plus-one

Good old STW I’m going off the idea now !!!! Pics of really bad hand tattoos will help further 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

Pics of really bad hand tattoos will help further

I’ll link it as possibly not safe for work… http://sharegy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/pic-3.jpg

annebr
    Free Member

Hands don’t age well. Probably because they see a lot of UV and (as mentioned above) this doesn’t do Tats any good.

So it will look tired and worn long before the rest of you.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Tattoos are great, get one and you’ll have no regrets (except maybe one)

although sometimes they’re shit

and sometimes you can use them to let people know that you’re a big fan of http://www.penisland.net/

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, non, nein etc……works in any language.

Like it or not, folk are judgemental especially in interviews when decision made in first 20 secs (largely). Unless you are more 😉 than 100% for ever, what is the upside?

peterfile
    Free Member

You don’t live in Glasgow by any chance?

+1. I thought the same thing!

I was introduced to a friend of a friend years ago, pretty girl, with KAPB tattooed across her knuckles. Apparently it stands for “Kill All Polis Bastards”, which she got when she was 16 at the insistence of her then boyfriend. She didn’t seem to bothered about it, so I’d say 100% yes to a hand tattoo 🙂

natrix
    Free Member

you won’t regret it, oh no……………..

Northwind

wombat

As said above, LOVE / HATE on your knuckles – job done

Unless you work in a catering related occupation in which case you should have B, T, L, S on the fingers of your left hand and O, U, I, M on the fingers of your right hand so when you lace your fingers together it spells BOTULISM 😀

BigJohn

ton – Member
    can I just add, one of my sons is a tat of a fancy ornate pocket watch/compass. it is very detailed and obviously a nice bit of art work.
    just in the wrong place for me.

Wrong place, wrong time (except twice a day)

dti

It’s not often that you can save your dignity and money at the same time, this could be one of those occasions.

konabunny
    Free Member

If you’re going ahead, get something classy:

Nob Rakes?

RustySpanner

‘STRAAAVA’ across the knuckles?

CountZero

The only thing I’ve actually considered on the back of my hand is the universal power/standby symbol, done in UV ink, so the only time it can be seen is under UV light, like this;

yunki
    Free Member

I have a small hand tattoo and I love it.. It’s brought me a fair bit of good fortune 🙂

I’m 40 years old and not ever likely to work in an industry where discrimination would be considered acceptable

bob_summers

I’m 40 years old and not ever likely to work in an industry where discrimination would be considered acceptable

Same here, teacher with visible tattoos. The idea of working in a place where people worry about what your hands look like fills me full of mleh.

chewkw
    Free Member

Your hands do as you like but don’t blame others. 😯

plus-one

Thanks singletrack it’s like Jeremy Kyle on here minus the embarrassing bits 😆

deepreddave
    Free Member

I thought I saw a pussy-tat…..

Pick a hand, any hand…

CountZero

The Daily Wail was getting its panties in a proper bunch this week about a teacher with visible Tattoos AND piercings!
    What an example to set the children, eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Hand Tattoo .. Yay or Nay ?’ is closed to new replies.