Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hamsterley Forest
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Off there Saturday on trail bikes – what should we ride? The red, the red and bits of the black? all the black? Any suggestions welcome except we won’t be riding ‘off-piste’ stuff as don’t have time to get lost.

Cheers

lee170
    Free Member

You’ll need to ride red and black routes, some really
    Good stuff on both routes now.
    Enjoy

asherh
    Free Member

A lot of the red is dull fire road, the black is ace though, worth doing a couple of times so you get the lines dialled on the downhills second time

lee170
    Free Member

Asherh I agree some of the red is dull but it takes you to transmission and accelerator and nitrous which is awesome, if you know the area then You can cut out the fire roads but if you don’t then I’m afraid you may have to bite the
    Bullet

martinhutch

A mixture of red and black, leaving off the dull bit of the red at the far end of the forest. Have a look at the forest map and see where you can lop this off with fireroads and arrive at transmission etc.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

http://app.strava.com/activities/10802107

That’s the route for skipping to the beginning of Transmission-Accelerator-Nitrous. Which is the best bit of that red route. You can then spend the saved time playing on the downhill track and the other little bits of black there are around.

legolam
    Free Member

http://www.strava.com/activities/99546468

This is my combination of the red and black (done yesterday). No major damage to the trails from last week’s storm (although you can see the remains of a pretty big tree on the road climb up to Section 13 that came down and destroyed a wall).

legolam
    Free Member

Oh, that includes a couple of “off piste” bits, but it shouldn’t be too hard to find your way around

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers all, especially for the strava routes.

Much obliged.

Just need to get thru tonight’s works xmas do 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley Forest’ is closed to new replies.