Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Halifax "radio station" adds…the worst ads ever????
  • rockhopper70

Just on again….wow, how bad, come back Howard.
    The stars even put one hand on the earphones to make it look authentic!!

RealMan
    Free Member

There's a little button on your remote with "mute" written next to it. When adverts come on, press that button. When the show restarts, press it again. Simples*.

*Oh, the irony.

rockhopper70

mine remote's got a button with a picture of a speaker with a cross through it…would that work too the same?
    soundtrack is only half the story..but I can;t believe that stereo mc's agreed to their track being used. oh the power of the pound!

Woody
    Free Member

Agree they are dreadful. So dreadful, the first couple of times I saw them, I had to pay closer attention to see if I'd missed some hidden 'joke' or satirical genius. But no, they are just pure shite.

Edit – I wouldn't have remembered they were Halifax had you not mentioned it, so they even fail on that front.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

So bad, I'm going to move my Halifax account.

And just in case you think I'm being melodramatic…

The comments just about sum it up. There's an even worse one featuring a pair of cock-monkeys and some car keys which makes me want to dae a murder.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And you thought it couldn't have got worse than the 'Howard' adverts…

Pook

The ones where they used to make huge shapes out of people were better. Like that house one.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The comments for the ad are great! 🙂

MicArms

True they're bad but the one that physically gets me spitting is that fat **** with the go compare ads… If I ever see that person in the street I will kick his fat arse.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No no no, the webuyanycar.com ads are far worse than anything. And the prices they actually offer you are worse than their ads.

poppa
    Free Member

Fingers crossed they realise their folly, and do one final advert with Howard abseiling through the window and dispatching them one by one with a kukri.

hels
    Free Member

Can I helpfully suggest you get a digital recorder and learn how to use it ? Just program the series you like, and no more commercials (well only in zapped versions)

Most shows from the US are 43 minutes, so if you want to watch it "live" just find something else to do for 15 minutes, read a book or something, and you can watch as it records and zap the commercials. BBC no commercials so you only have to amuse yourself for a minute or two.

rkk01
    Free Member

Dire, absolutely cringeworthy.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Halifax ads are going to be run close the BT ads for most annoying advert.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hels,

the only time I've watched TV this summer was the Tour on ITV4 which cut to ads every 5 minutes – I had to leave the room often.

:o)

RealMan
    Free Member

As a long-term customer, I have to say I am really enjoying watching? these Halifax adverts where their staff pretend to run a radio station. It makes a welcome change from watching them pretend to run a f**king building society.

Also, you probably all have about 100+ channels. Just switch to another that does have something on whenever adverts come on.

LoCo
    Free Member

It amazes me how big companies who must employ advertising agencies giving them a pretty good budget come up with stuff like this. 😕

Woody
    Free Member

The ads are timed to run at the same time on every channel for that very reason.

It's one of the reasons I now watch very little TV.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I helpfully suggest you get a digital recorder and learn how to use it ? Just program the series you like, and no more commercials (well only in zapped versions)

But where's the fun in that? What would people have to moan about if they did that?

So bad, I'm going to move my Halifax account.

And just in case you think I'm being melodramatic…

Not at all. And tell them exactly why you're doing so. Make it clear that the useless idiots getting paid silly money to ponce around making such shit adverts aren't doing a decent job, and should be sacked. They are truly, truly awful ads. If we are to be bombarded with ads, at least have some sort of code of practice preventing anyone from coming up with such dire rubbish. There are people with real creative talent out there who deserve jobs far more than those who did the Halifax ads. That we would gladly have Howard back is really saying something.

True they're bad but the one that physically gets me spitting is that fat **** with the go compare ads… If I ever see that person in the street I will kick his fat arse.

That's going just a little too far though…

Webuyanycar ads are deliberately designed to be annoying, so that they stick in people's minds, thereby achieving their goal. Nasty, however.

When it comes to bank ads though, Lloyds, by contrast, are simply stunning. Beautifully made, visually fantastic, strange yet catchy music, cute little characters, brilliant. I'd love to see something proper done with all that actually, not just ads. No, they're perfect examples of how to make a good ad.

If you want real shite though, the 'if you want to talk to girls in your area' type ads late at night, are proper nasty bottom of the barrel tacky awfulness. Ugh. I feel sorry for the young ladies who've been degraded like that.

rockhopper70

never seen the late night ads referred to..oh no…don't watch late night telly but how expensice would it be to flirt by text at £1.50/go (I believe that is the charging rate, don't know as I have never seen such ads..) 8O..but the best of that bunch is the one if you are looking for a girlfriend over 50…text "mature" to 85656565 whatever it is. Can +50's use text!!!!
    As a true yorkshire bloke any flirting would have to fit in a single sms message!

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

No such thing as bad PR, the ad agency know exactly how **** these ad's are.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As a true yorkshire bloke any flirting would have to fit in a single sms message!

Wouldn't you send it by pigeon?

rockhopper70

that's a bit of a stereotype…although I am pay-as-you go.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Vile evils are vile evils. And then there's teh Halifux ads.

And to think the pondscrapings that made it probably call themselves, "creatives." We're all on the way to Hell in a handbasket etc.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What about those confused.com ads where you have the banal people telling their whole **** family how they saved, or the ones they did trying to look all homemade with peoples video clips.
    The choice is certainly clear to me.
    F*CK RIGHT OFF.

rockhopper70

the're just bad..halifax is gringebadness

Northwind

Elfinsafety – Member

"When it comes to bank ads though, Lloyds, by contrast, are simply stunning. Beautifully made, visually fantastic, strange yet catchy music, cute little characters, brilliant"

They've got the music as the hold tune in most departments now. It's only "strange yet catchy" the first 30 or 40 times you hear it, by the time you get up to 100 or so it makes you want to do murder. The full version has a mental Tori Amos wailing bit in the middle which is the musical equivalent of fingernails on blackboards.

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

watch what the legend that was Bill Hicks had to say about people in marketing

rockhopper70

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    They now do the audio version if the “ISA ISA Baby” ad on the radio!!!!!!!!!!
    The musical genius that is Vanilla Ice has really sold out….(taken as a given on the basis that he dueted with Gedward)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Vanilla Ice and Jedward? 😯

Please tell me this isn’t true?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sweet Mother of Jesus; it is! 😥

Why?

rockhopper70

ICE ICE BABY…..
    That song had good memories of a holiday in Ipsos many many years ago and has now been spoilt for good.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Vanilla Ice a musical genius? He was shite utter utter shite.

rockhopper70

Vanilla Ice a musical genius? He was shite utter utter shite.

“tongue in cheek”

😐

samuri
    Free Member

What *is* that on ice’s chin?

Aah, there you go. You can see the little straps holding it on.

What *is* that on Jedwards shoulders? Aah, it’s their heads, someone should cut those off.

richcc
    Free Member

Had Vanilla Ice really got Wide Open tattooed on his knuckles? I didn’t know he moved in the same circles as Barrymore?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Have you all really got nothing better to do than moan about badly conceived commercials?

Cougar

Have you really got nothing better to do than moan about people moaning on an Internet forum?

(And have I… etc.)

_tom_
    Free Member

Webuyanycar ads are deliberately designed to be annoying, so that they stick in people’s minds, thereby achieving their goal. Nasty, however.

Yes they stick in your head, but to be honest I wouldn’t use their service based on how **** annoying the advert is. So their real goal of getting my custom hasn’t worked. I tried gocompare before these adverts anyway and it’s shite.

ianv
    Free Member

Surely a shitty advert like that does nothing to the brand image. Moneysupermarket and Compare the Market are examples of adverts that raise awareness yet have a positive impact on the brand.

The Halifax, Nat west and Go compare might get you talking but are less likely to attract a potential customer. “They cant even make good adverts so what will the quality of the service be like?”

Anyone remember the first Vodkat advert? that was really bad.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Halifax "radio station" adds…the worst ads ever????’ is closed to new replies.