• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tang.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Halfords Tour series starts in Kirkcaldy.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.tourseries.co.uk/NewsDetail.asp?Id=373

What could possibly go wrong? Please someone tell me its not a crit on the Prom.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nae Fifers around?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Ive no idea, but as a I stay in Kirkcaldy, I hope they are racing ‘The Circuit.’ Thats the route that all the boy racers drive at night.

On a serious not Ive never heard of the Halfords tour. Do you have any idea the length of the stage?

carbon337
    Free Member

Hopefully they will do Durham again on the cobbles.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

No real info on each race route on the site, but I’ve seen Crits back and forth along promenades before. Kirkcaldy isn’t Brighton. Bring on the waves.

ourmaninthenorth

It’s not a stage race, but a series of town and city centre crits.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Ah right. Thanks ourman.

If you get decent weather it could be OK. Certainly not Brighton, but it’s not that bad.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The race route might be a Crit around the Beveridge Park. They used to hold bicycle races and motorcycle races around there in the 50’s.

crazy-legs

Tour Series

Series of 10 town centre crits, Tuesdays and Thursdays for 5 weeks in May/June. Televised on ITV4.

They’re really good events, you generally get a good atmosphere, lots of close up views of the racers, there’s often a chance to chat to one or two if that’s your thing – they’ll sign autographs etc. Canary Wharf is one of the venues again. I know the dates and venues for each race but until they’ve announced them officially on the website, I can’t say!

bazhall
    Free Member

Silly mode on – Hope it doesn’t go along link street or up t hall/ the valley or they would loose their wheels half way along 😀 – silly mode off

marty
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. Should be able to get a nice wee circuit – unlikely to be a a straight back and forth along the Esplanade – using High Street > Whytescauseway > Wemyssfield > Hunter Street > St Brycedale Ave > Kirk Wynd > High Street.

Hopefully there will be some support races on the circuit beforehand to drag folks in. Would be great if we could get something like Otley Crits up here.

Penny Farthing the obvious choice for pre/post race refreshments. 🙂

mustard
    Free Member

I’ll hopefully make it across the water for this. Saw it on Velo UK t’other day. Where you can also find our very own dirtygirlonabike blogging.

They have to take it along the Links don’t they?! It’s not like the locals aren’t used to it being closed for long periods.

As an aside; have you seen coverage from the mersey tunnel TT, think something like that could be done across the Forth Road Bridge? Cross winds would make it ‘interesting’ 😈

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Oi Baz. I stay up T/Hall! The posh bit mind! 🙂

italspark
    Free Member

what will Jocky say ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Italspark – you had to be there 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvDlx4yvyaI&feature=fvst[/video]

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Anyone coming to see this tomorrow evening?

EDIT Jocky isn’t saying much now.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ll be there, but from the inside of the barriers as a rider on one of the 10 teams.

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

Yip ill be heading down, ill either be on a Commencal Absolut 4X or Nukeproof Mega, come over and say hi.

Good luck to all the riders.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The forecast doesn’t look too bad, not much of a wind, dry but cold.

fasthaggis

I was going to go down, straight from work,but it’s my lad’s birthday (18) so I have to stay in and explain the ways of alcohol to him 😉

project
    Free Member

Round One, Kirkcaldy
    Wednesday 16th May, 22:00
    Thursday 17th May, 09:00 (repeat)

Round Two, Durham
    Friday 18th May, 20:00
    Saturday 19th May, 09:00 (repeat)

Round Three, Oxford
    Wednesday 23rd May, 20:00
    Thursday 24th May, 08.40 (repeat)

Round Four, Redditch
    Friday 25th May, 20:00
    Saturday 26th May, 09.35am (repeat)

Round Five, Aberystwyth
    Monday 28th May, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Round Six, Peterborough
    Wednesday 30th May, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Round Seven, Canary Wharf
    Friday 1st June, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Round Eight, Torquay
    Wednesday 6th June, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Round Nine, Colchester
    Friday 8th June, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Round Ten, Woking
    Wednesday 13th June, 20:00
    Repeat TBC

Grand Final, Stoke-on-Trent
    Friday 15th June, TBC
    Repeat TBC

cupra
    Free Member

I’ll be there, not too far from me so heading down after work.

rOcKeTdOg

Those are TV times, not event times, i’ll be watching in Redditch

onehundredthidiot

Just seen the Rapha boys poncing around outside the poncy coffee shop/sisters jeans/narrow bar/ bike shop just down from work in full kit but no bikes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Excellent, RaphaBoys are C.O.O.L.

It’s been a right old good series this over the last couple of years. Most excellent.
    Can’t wait for the Canary Wharf one.

cupra
    Free Member

Fair enjoyed that, respect to the chap who finished with what looked like a broken left collar bone 😯

more please….

Oh and to top it all the local bike shop was doing 15% off everything, including the new bike I purchased 😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Fair enjoyed that, respect to the chap who finished with what looked like a broken left collar bone

+1. Nice night for the race for once too!

bigG
    Free Member

Fair enjoyed that, respect to the chap who finished with what looked like a broken left collar bone

more please….

Superb evening for it, great view of the riders. Jeez those boys are fast, made my local chain gang look positively pedestrian.

The boy with the damaged shoulder was the only solo to get a round of applause on every circuit. Rab Wardell (he of the occasional STW article) had a crummy night with two punctures, one of which he got bunny hopping a crash.. skillz

Ed Clancy looked like he had it in the bag during the first breakaway but superb ride from Endura to get them back and take the win.

G

project
    Free Member

Thanks for telling us all who won, idiot.

Not evryone of us wanted to travel to scotlandshire to see the race, we are looking forward to the highlights tonigh on ITV4 22.00

bigG
    Free Member

You’re welcome numb nuts, don’t read a thread about the race the day after it happened and not expect a spoiler.

tang
    Free Member

No surprise though? Endura are on it. My friends ride for ukyouth so pleased to see them get 2nd. Hope to be at Oxford/Redditch next week cheering them on.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Halfords Tour series starts in Kirkcaldy.’ is closed to new replies.