Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Haldon cotic demo?
  • ceepers

Hey

I’m possibly talking myself into buying a rocket frame towards the end of the summer. I’m kind of on the cusp of S and M sizes. I’ve ridden the old Medium on a demo and loved it but the new Geo has made it longer and Cotic would put me on a small now. slightly driving mysef mad looking at reach plus stem figures for all the bike sive ever ridden. Anyway…….

Ideally id demo the new one but so far they haven’t got any dates any further south than Malvern.

Trying to see if there’s an appetite for organising a demo at haldon, either open or private. Would be Late july/ august time I guess.

anyone keen?

the00
    Free Member

Yes, very. It would have to be a weekend or Monday or a Friday.

jonostevens
    Free Member

Yes, I’d be keen. Looking to buy a new bike in the next year, and being 7 years since I bought my last one I’m eager to try as many as possible.

tomd1984
    Free Member

Yep, i’m very keen. I’d really like to test the Flare Max and the new Flare which should be out after June apparently.

I’m sure i could rope in 3 guys at work if you need numbers.

If i like it i would be able to drop the deposit on one the same week.

skybluestu
    Free Member

We had Cotic down back at Haldon the week before the new Rocket came out. Amazing day and very knowledgeable. Swapped sizes and bikes. Loved the Rocket and still working out whether to go for the new one or the one I rode which was ace. The Helm forks are amazing to ride too.

ceepers

Right been in contact with Sam the demo man. Hoping to get a demo organised late July. I’ll keep you posted!

if anyone has time to email them direct about it as well that would help!

tomd1984
    Free Member

Cool, will do later. Thanks for sorting 😀

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Will do email also

tomd1984
    Free Member

Email sent

ceepers

Hey Guys

Cotic demo is confirmed with Sam for Sat 28th July at haldon! 🙂

If anyone else wants to get a ride on a bike its best to email sam direct demo@cotic.co.uk

mccraque

I’m kind of on the cusp of S and M sizes. I’ve ridden the old Medium on a demo and loved it but the new Geo has made it longer and Cotic would put me on a small now.

Similar – although I was on the cusp of medium and large. So I demoed the medium FlareMax. Which was fine, but I felt like I could do with a little more bike, and will invariably order the large once I can convince the wife that our terrible bathroom can wait another year to be redecorated.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Cheers Guys… Thanks for organising…. I’m quite looking forward……… OOPS!

That’s the weekend of 24/12.

the00
    Free Member

Nice one. Will wait for details of new the new Solaris to be released and then decide what to demo.

the00
    Free Member

I had booked a place on this demo to try an XL FlareMAX, but don’t think I’ll be able to make it now 🙁

tomd1984
    Free Member

Thanks again for organising the demo, Chris. Great to meet and ride with you guys. Feeling it a bit in my shoulder today, think the off-piste run may have stretched it a bit, but was well with it to see what the FlareMax was like.

I’ve been playing with the bike builder on the Cotic site since our ride. Also wondering about the RocketMax and what that’ll be like in the new geo.

Hopefully bump into you guys on the trails again some time 🙂

ceepers

Hey Tom!

Lovely to to meet you too! Glad you enjoyed it and your shoulder is ok! We all had an awesome day too! I loved the rocket again – I’m definitely getting one this year!

We slightly broke Sam after you left- he had an off trying to keep up with Tyler on that loamy off piste descent and smacked his hand badly enough to head to A&E! Luckily it was only bruised not broken but don’t think he will be riding for a couple of days!

Sure you will love either bike, I’ve never ridden a bad Cotic and I’ve ridden a few! Will keep an eye out for you at haldon. Let us know if you ever head to north Devon/exmoor and we’ll hook up!

tomd1984
    Free Member

Poor Sam! Hope he heals up soon.

Likewise, will say hi if I spot you at Haldon – if you’re down Dartmoor way let me know.

I suspect either will be great, but think I’ll hold off making a decision til I know what the new Rocket Max is like. The demo confirmed that I want a 29er though, well impressed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Haldon cotic demo?’ is closed to new replies.