Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hafjell bike park. – Anyone been?
  • mrlugz
    Free Member

Heading across in June for a bit of a long weekend, anyone got any experience of the place?

Will a trail bike be ‘enough bike’?

I’ve ridden in the alps quite a bit, all on a trail bike and not died yet…

bajsyckel

I’m not much help but have a few local(ish) friends who go/went quite a bit. I’d expect you to be fine based on what I’ve heard and read though (although I remember some stories about long-term future of the bike park and I’m not sure the exact outcome).

There are at least a couple of posters on here that I think might be useful too. One called howsyourdad who lives in Sweden IIRC and I think I remember mentioning it on here before, and the other called anus who sometimes posts about Norwegian trips. There are a couple of other Norwegian based people on here whose names I forget too. Otherwise you could try some of the Norwegian/Nordic forums & sites for info.

If nothing else, that should bump the thread for you.

cokie

The Kingdom Bike guys have tested a few of their bikes there. They ride it on 140mm travel 650b hardtails. I’d imagine a FS trail bike would be enough.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m only posting because it’s on my list and want to follow the thread.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi yes I’ve been quite a few times. It’s really good. A trail bike will be enough yes, especially for the man made trails as they are pretty smooth

, but there are some runs where you will really feel like you want a DH bike. Some of the black runs are very rocky and rooty, the world cup track for example. But you’d make it down it no probs on a trail bike.

I love the place, the drops they have there are brilliant (buldre is one) and they have an english pub there which is pretty funny.

there are loads of tracks not on the map too

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Not been myself (well, not to the bike park) but its a regular trip during the summer for some of the local kids/youths. They mostly seem to be on hardcore hardtail bikes, with the odd DH/bigger trail bike.

They don’t seem to come back too broken.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Following because on my list too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hafjell bike park. – Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.