Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hadleigh Park – Pedal advice
  • willard

I’ve just about convinced my wife that going to Hadleigh Park this weekend (weather dependent) is a good idea and, after reading the website and now trying to plan kit and stuff.

The trouble is that I will be taking a new bike to an unfamiliar trail and of, for those that have actually cycled the place, should I stick with the clip pedals, or swap out for flats?

Part of me thinks that I’ll be fine with my SPDs on, but there’s that little voice in the back of my head that’s willing to sacrifice the extra pedalling efficiency for the knowledge that, if it all goes horribly wrong, I can move my feet without having to worry about un-clipping.

Any advice welcome.

essexbiker
    Free Member

The course is pretty hilly with only a few tricky features so I’d suggest SPD’s

nickjb
    Free Member

Depends how you define tricky. There’s nothing that isn’t rollable but it is pretty steep. Fine if you are willing to commit but could go badly if you bottle it and try to bail.

oxym0r0n

How much has the course been changed from the original, dies anyone know? Wondering about going at 1/2 term, just for a chuckle as I have a ‘pass’

Thanks

willard

Hmmmm. Might take both then and a spanner. See how the mood takes me on the day.

richmars

I went last week, as you say, take a spanner. The car park is pretty close to the track, so swap as needed.

creedy
    Free Member

First time i went, used flats and glad of it after a couple of washouts. A lot of the regulars/members use spd’s. New trail i’d always use flats. However that’s what i ride on mostly.If your used to spd’s use them and have a scout around. you can always change them at the car park as your only ever 10min ride back. Talk to the locals they usually love showing people around. If in doubt look on the FB page. enjoy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hadleigh Park – Pedal advice’ is closed to new replies.