Home Forums Bike Forum GX Eagle jockey wheels’ alternatives

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • GX Eagle jockey wheels’ alternatives
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Recognising I’m probably safer buying OE ones with the ridged moulding to stop the chain smashing up the mech, I’m loathed to drop 40 notes on a set. Any viable alternatives that work well (or at least won’t result in catastrophic mech failure)?

Woodentop
    Free Member

Uber bike do replacement Eagle jockey wheels

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Do they work well?

sam1988
    Free Member

I’ve around 500 miles without the whole chain wedging between the jockey and mech cage destruction. Been faultless, they are slightly wider than stock

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Just checked and they’re out of stock. Not used Uber before. Hoping they’re not a long term out of stock merchant.

joebristol

On 11 speed I swapped out my seized gx bearing jockey wheels for bushed nx ones. Cheaper and so far so good.

Does eagle nx or sx have cheaper jockeys?

enigmas
    Free Member

If they need replacement due to bearing wear, the bearings can be swapped out. I bought a replacement bearing for upper jockey wheel last week and pressed it in, with liberal amounts of bearing lock as the plastic/metal interface isn’t the tightest.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

They have loads of sideways play. Haven’t checked the bearings – will do.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member
    bigfoot
    Free Member

play will be the bearings, i replaced mine after a few months due to play, didn’t go for the cheapest bearings, think i payed about £10 for 4 so i had some spares and they are still ok 10 months later. the originals must be really crap bearings.

Kryton57

So can you push the bearings out/in pretty easily, e.g. no special tool required?

I’ve just replaced some jockey wheels as the bearings were seized, but I still have the old ones to effect a repair…

bigfoot
    Free Member

yeah, they come out, go in pretty easily. there is a thread on here with a link to somewhere that tells you what bearings but i haven’t a clue where it is.

found it

Making a dollar out of fifteen cents

i just carefully used some sockets and a hammer

scandal42
    Free Member

£21

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/sram-nx-eagle-pulley-wheels-x-sync-12-speed-2676690?product_shape=black&article_size=12-speed

…assume NX works?

Can anyone confirm if the NX works in the GX mech?

My jockey wheel exploded last night

1timmy1
    Free Member

Uberbike have just got the jockey wheels back in stock.

Poopscoop

Blimey, £40 for the Uber bearings.

That said, if they last well all is good I suppose.

trailtom
    Free Member

I just noticed Superstarcomponents are producing there own jockey wheels as well. 5 week wait thou..

Poopscoop

Ah yeah.

The SS ones are narrow wide too.

That said, my sram bearings are still ok. Packed with marine grease, mind.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I replaced the bearings in my GX jockey wheels and the chain’s dropping off the lower wheel more now. Maybe they benefit from having some play.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘GX Eagle jockey wheels’ alternatives’ is closed to new replies.