Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gum wall tyres
  • simonm
    Free Member

Are there any tyre manufacturers making gum wall tyres out there ? I’ve seen pics of some Kenda Nevegals but can’t find anywhere that sells them.

Cheers.

simonm
    Free Member

ahh found some by Charge.

dsb181
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some too!

Charge Splashbacks
    Kenda Small Block 8
    Halo Twin Rail/H Block
    Onza Canis/Ibex

These are a few I’ve been looking at, I need tyres that are quick on the road as I use my bike for commuting and can also handle off road riding too.

I was leaning towards the Twin Rails but I don’t know they would be much good off road?

dsb181
    Free Member

Does anybody have anymore to add or any advice?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

SB8’s can only be imported from abroad, I’ve (apparently) got the only set in the country 8)

ajantom

Very good deal on Charge Splashbacks here ……£25 a pair inc postage……
    http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m5b83s120p11115

mobes
    Free Member

I’ve got splashbacks on my Soul. Only used them in the dry, but pretty pleased so far. Not the best comparison, but they are a lot faster running than my high rollers .

simonm
    Free Member

great. Cheers.

dsb181
    Free Member

How are the splashbacks on the road?

I really like the skinwall but just need to find a set suited to road and off road as best as possible.

ajantom

Quite fast rolling. I did 20 miles on country lanes on them last Saturday, and they were fine.

matt1986
    Free Member

I have the onza canis on my hardtail there great on the road and really for summer riding in the winter you’d need an ibex on the front for more grip in the mud

dsb181
    Free Member

The Canis look really good but too pricey for me, I think I’ll give the Charge ones a go, the deal that ajantom posted is really good

I don’t think the Splashbacks will be as fast as the H Blocks or Twin Rails on the road but then again would those both be useless off road?

Ahhhhh this isn’t easy to decide!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gum wall tyres’ is closed to new replies.