Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Grr, M&S Insurance
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Renewal came, £480 went on their website, exactly the same cover £372.
    I wonder how many people don’t even bother checking.

TeaBoyPaul

Got my renewal in August…. went on the website and it actually quoted my MORE than my renewal price!?!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We checked. Renewal virtually identical to a new quote….. £270-ish 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

yep – always worth checking. have cancelled mine and bought a new policy online for the last couple of years and saved a load

tonyplym
    Free Member

Dibbs – If you call them they’ll probably claim that there’s a “new customer” discount on the web price. However, I’ve found in the past that they’ll usually match the lower price if pushed.

It is very annoying that Insurance companies in general seem to care more about attracting new customers than retaining their existing ones . . . perhaps there’s more commission for the sales staff on new policies . . .

camo16
    Free Member

Ours was more like £600. 👿

I called up (having exhausted options on the comparison sites) and asked for reasons to explain the increase. “Didn’t you know?” the customer support girl (hah!) replied. “It’s all the no win, no fee cases. We’re paying out on so many of those. So your premium goes up…”

“Okay,” I countered. “Where’s the evidence? You’re telling me there were, like, 40% more cases this year than last year? That’s a little difficult to accept.”

“Well,” she replied. “That’s just the way it is.”

Classic customer support!

Oh, I also asked her if there was a way to access the information the insurance companies use to gauge insurance costs relative to post code – number of crimes, number of accidents, yah-da, yah-da, yah-da.

Not only does such a service not seem to exist, but apparently I was the first person to ask…

uplink
    Free Member

Renewal came, £480 went on their website, exactly the same cover £372.

Pretty much de rigueur for all of them TBH
    You also went through Top Cashback for a further £45 off didn’t you?

scaredypants

don’t forget the £45 cashback when you go online (Quidco & probably others)

(if you’re not on quidco, join via this and I get some reward too 😳 )

Dibbs
    Free Member

You also went through Top Cashback for a further £45 off didn’t you?

Doh!! Too late 😥

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Last year M+S was £ 217.00, got my renewal last week £ 450 !!! Been with em for 3 years no claims or owt. Rang them up and they said that their had been a few break ins in my postcode and that they also had a price increase, i said bye bye. AA insurance was £ 123 inc listing 3 bikes worth £ 2.5K, two kept in the house and one in the shed went with them, sorted. Oh and excess for contents £ 150 and house £ 150.

br
    Free Member

Ours was more like £600

Is this for buildings and contents for Buck House?

scaredypants

Yeah 😀

somebody’s just joined quidco using my link (cheers). I think this is going to take off !

How should I phrase my letter of resignation ?

toby1

Interestingly there is no car or house distinction here, it’s that general a whine. It’s insurance – you have to shop around, that’s how it works …. why I don’t know but it’s a stone cold fact of the worls.

As for the ‘classic customer support’ comment – you try answering hundereds of calls a day all moaning about increasing preiums and acting like you set them, all for a less than awesome salary – I’m guessing you find it a crappy job and be less than motivated too.

I don’t work in a call centre any longer, but it’s a pain that’ll stay with me for life and I’ll always be polite to the person on the end of the phone helping me with whatever I called for!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Grr, M&S Insurance’ is closed to new replies.