• This topic has 88 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by timc.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Grotbags wants a Qashqai
  • db

I had an old model 2ltr petrol as a hire car and took it from 0 to 20k.

I thought it was great – went as fast as I wanted to, had plenty toys and was comfortable.

It was very thirsty if you drove ‘enthusiastically’ and let me down once when the cable operated gear change ‘popped’ out of a socket and left me with only 3rd gear. RAC came and fixed and it didn’t happen again. (me driving like dick could have been a factor in this)

Boot space was disappointing for biking.

Considered getting one at the time (was waiting to order a company car) but went for a Berlingo – kids have never forgiven me for getting a van instead of the Nissan.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I know an engineer who works on the Quashqai for Nissan and he drives….a Caddy.

A lot of my mates work in the shipyard, they don’t drive submarines. True story.

winston
    Free Member

Fair enough Chestrockwell – I’ve only driven my next door neighbours 59 reg Kuga, not the new one and its none of the things you describe above other than tall.

As carbuyer said:

Practicality & boot space

The Kuga SUV offers less boot space than the Focus!

Practicality is what ultimately lets the Kuga down, because it serves up less boot space than the Focus hatchback. The rear seats aren’t especially generous on room, either, with taller passengers finding they are short of legroom.

Also whilst I grant you the astra is horrible, the fiesta is a fantastic car to drive as illustrated by it being voted car of the year from numerous places

jfletch
    Free Member

I genuinely don’t understand why these type of cars (Quashkai,Kuga,that Vauxhall thing etc etc) are so popular

As a style of car they are quite practical. The high ride height is nice, they are easy to get kids in and out of due to the height, the boots space is estate like but higher so easy to get push chairs in and out of (or mountain bikes!), sliding rear seats make then versatile, but they drive like cars if you don’t care about ragging it and they are more fashionable than a van or an MPV.

Wife has a CRV and it really is excellent at what it does which is carrying a family around (and obviously isn’t off-roading, mile munching or hooning round country lanes)

That said the Qashquai is shit at a lot of these things compared to other cars in it’s class so I’ve no idea why people buy those.

Stevet1
    Free Member

You’re married to this guy? what a catch!

BillMC

A lot of my mates work in the shipyard, they don’t drive submarines. True story.

…That’s because they know how **** they are.

chestrockwell

Practicality is what ultimately lets the Kuga down, because it serves up less boot space than the Focus hatchback. The rear seats aren’t especially generous on room, either, with taller passengers finding they are short of legroom.

Also whilst I grant you the astra is horrible, the fiesta is a fantastic car to drive as illustrated by it being voted car of the year from numerous places

That must be the old model because, as stated I’ve got the new one and swapped a 62 reg Focus for it so can confidently say the boot is bigger and the rear legroom is more generous. In the focus you had to drop half the rear seat to get boy/dog/buggy in comfortably, in the Kuga I don’t.

Agreed the Fiesta is ace but size wise, even compared to the Focus it’s much smaller.

Del
    timc
    Free Member

dazz – Member
    No typo or mistake I can see in there, what were you referring to?

£2500 is probably the cost of all 3 together surely?

I was quoted £700-900 for a Clutch & Flywheel on a BMW 320d All in. Less for a Honda Civic…

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Grotbags wants a Qashqai’ is closed to new replies.