Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Greggs has to take the P***
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Takeaways should provide toilets, High Court rules

It is obvious that if a person sits down in a Greggs outlet at the seats provided and proceeds to eat a pasty and a fizzy drink just purchased at the counter for that purpose, that is a normal use of the premises.

The fact that most customers take away their purchases and those who stay do not normally stay long, does not change that

It wouldn’t be cost effective for Greggs as some of the shops are smaller than Binners pantry (Not the one he keeps pies in). I think they will most likely get rid of the seating at a majority of the stores

LapSteel
    Free Member

They make these in Greggs colours

Rubber_Buccaneer

Binners pantry

I wondered where he kept his pants, got any photos?

binners

THERE ARE GREGGS WITH SEATS?!!!!

Since when?

The only person I’ve seen seated in Greggs was on a mobility scooter

Hang on a minute…. is this a southern thing?

mrsfry
    Free Member

😆

and a pipe that leads into a bucket labeled ‘Steak Bake Filling’
    That’s one way to recycle 😆

Lots of Greggs with seating in and out in WM

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m sure Greggs considered all the aspects before they decided to offer seating in their ‘bakeries’ which would have included the need to provide toilets – but decided to gamble on not doing so to save money – seems they lost that gamble.

Yes it could cost them ‘millions’. But the person who made the decision to offer seating, but not toilets will probably be the same one who now has to work out if the seats are worth more than the costs of the toilets / costs of ripping out the seats or less on a site by site basis, but that’s ‘big business’.

No doubt they’ll be moaning away about how they were sure they didn’t need them and it was all so unfair…

jimdubleyou

There’s one on Eastcheap in London.

trail_rat
    Free Member

people eat greggs ? i thought it was just something towns did to avoid boarding up empty units.

BOAK.

footflaps

i thought it was just something towns did to avoid boarding up empty units.

I always thought it was a modern day version of Sweeney Todds….

STATO
    Free Member

I’m sure Greggs considered all the aspects before they decided to offer seating in their ‘bakeries’ which would have included the need to provide toilets – but decided to gamble on not doing so to save money – seems they lost that gamble.

Given the ‘sit-in experience’ at Greggs comes at a cost premium (£1 on most sandwhiches) then I doubt the cost of installing a toilet in a few stores will cause them much heart-ache. Indeed many of the new seaty ones already do have toilets, including the one outside their head office building across the road from me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s crazy.

binners

But what will we call the Greggs equivalent of a McWee?

perchypanther
    Free Member

But what will we call the Greggs equivalent of a McWee

Oval Shite?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why? Greggs is a shit hole anyway, not hard to pop a door on and call it the crapper 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

people eat greggs?

Yeh it’s amazing isn’t it, just normal folk in the street eating ‘fast’ food. They probably enjoy it to. Unbelievable.

thenorthwind

Pass the paper, I’m just off into Greggs for a steak bake.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Bit odd this, nearly all subways have seats, most don’t have toilets. Is the local kebab shop going to provide toilets for the drunks?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m going to use the Greggs Sausage Hole?

hmm, no doesn’t really work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is the local kebab shop going to provide toilets for the drunks?

Back in my student days in the 90s they all did

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is the local kebab shop going to provide toilets for the drunks?

Gents in the doorway of the next shop down and ladies round by the bins…..or have I made the most awful faux-pas

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is thought that installing public bathrooms could cost the company millions of pounds.

Other takeaway outlets that provide seating often do not allow customers to access the bathroom

Was this written by an american per chance

DezB
    Free Member

My new business: selling seating to Greggs

mrsfry
    Free Member

Greggs does a heck of a local in some parts of the country

Hardship Fund

Grants

I’m sure a lot of familys are thankful that Binners doesn’t do salad

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure they say the same about a lot of companies who neglected the law to make more money 😉 do charity contributions mean less laws/regs? Set up a kids playground no need to provide staff hand-wash?

binners

Ssshhhhhhhhh mrsfry . Don’t be spoiling their lofty disdainful snobbery!!!

Was there any mention of Organic Artisan Bakeries having to install natural spring water taps, or anything?

mrsfry
    Free Member

What’s up with the staff wages? What law are they breaking? How are the not provdiding any means for the staff to wash there hands

Have you been nomming on a Ginsters?

Does Mrs Binners know how many mouths Binners feed on a daily basis! She should wash his feet with tears of joy

ads678

perchypanther – Member
    Oval Shite?

Lol!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wonders what was in mrsfry’s last troll pie

nbt

The Greggs in Hyde has seating. I’ve been known to partake of a Cheese and Bean Sausage Roll as part of my luncheon…

Take that, Binners…

mrsfry
    Free Member

Wonders what was in mrsfry’s last troll pie

That ‘Ginsters’ comment must have really hurt (because it’s true)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thankfully other ginsters and greggs would be incinerated if it landed here. Marked not for human consumption probably, meat content unknown, bread suitable for using as life rafts.

Anyway simple rules they chose to ignore, easy answer remove seats.

poly
    Free Member

P-Jay – Yes it could cost them ‘millions’. But the person who made the decision to offer seating, but not toilets will probably be the same one who now has to work out if the seats are worth more than the costs of the toilets / costs of ripping out the seats or less on a site by site basis, but that’s ‘big business’.

No doubt they’ll be moaning away about how they were sure they didn’t need them and it was all so unfair…
    In fairness – it appears that Greggs actually asked for clarity on the rules from Newcastle Council (presumably because that is where they are based), under a government scheme called “Primary Authority”. The idea being that they only need to ask one local authority about the interpretation rather than every local authority. It seems Hull didn’t like the advice Newcastle gave, hence where the dispute arises.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thankfully other ginsters and greggs would be incinerated if it landed here. Marked not for human consumption probably, meat content unknown, bread suitable for using as life rafts.

And I presume ‘here’ doesn’t allow any fast food places then? Where is this food snobbery utopia?

If its due to a discussion with their primary authority then newcastle should liaise with other local authorities that have responsibility for regulating that company.

STATO
    Free Member

It seems Hull didn’t like the advice Newcastle gave, hence where the dispute arises.

Ah, that’s probably because Newcastle has quite a few accessible public toilets in its city centre shopping areas, presume Hull council have removed all of theirs.

Cougar

Dunno about that, but getting collared by the McD’s staff and explaining that you’re going to buy something after you’ve been to the loo, that’s a McShit with Lies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Steak bake n shake

MoreCashThanDash

Even the Ilkeston branch of Greggs has a toilet.

alpin
    Free Member

Australian bread is equally as shite as British bread… Other than some German bakery in Melbourne that made proper bread. German bread is the best
    /Jingoist
    🙄

wallop

Installing WCs into most of their stores would be a massive ballache!

simmy
    Free Member

I went into Greggs at Manchester Fort the other week and they had prices for eating in and taking away, only thing I noticed was the eat in seating were a couple of chairs outside.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Greggs has to take the P***’ is closed to new replies.