Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Great week for cycling chat in Manc (roadie/marmite content…)
  • davetrave
    Free Member

By sheer stroke of good fortune I decided to wander up to have a look in the new Cyclefit place in the Northern Quarter on Monday after work, thinking about an n+1. Bit puzzled to see nibbles, beer keg and wine bottles laid out. In chatting with one of the physios/bike fitters (Dan – very helpful bloke), turned out that it was the opening event for the shop and none other than the legend that is The Jensie was in to do a chat and signing that evening. Got added to the guest list and had a very enjoyable evening listening to him telling tales of derring-do – very funny (for a German) and refreshingly humble and open.

Then last night found out David Millar’s in town doing a chat and signing at The Dance House on Oxford Road tonight. Ticket purchased for that and now this week has gone from being a boring week on my own to being pretty bl00dy good. Marmite content – I know there are mixed feelings about Millar, but personally, I at least have respect for him and what he’s done, whether it’s a cycnical plot or not, and am looking forward to hearing him in the flesh.

Anybody else made it to either event?

warton
    Free Member

would be interested in Millars talk. A couple of my mates went this week, said it was great

soundninjauk

I saw David Millar talk last night in Camden. Found him very likeable and articulate. I always found his post-TdF stage interviews to be the most enjoyable, so to have a 90 minute version of that was great.

funkrodent

Every day’s a school day! Had no idea this was on and happily the missus is away this evening. Just booked my ticket. Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a post talk pint or two.

crazy-legs

Can’t make the Millar talk tonight but I was at the CycleFit thing with Jens.
    Related news: Geraint Thomas is doing a book signing at the end of October:
    Thursday 29th in London (Waterstones London Wall)
    Friday 30th in Manchester (Waterstones Deansgate)
    Saturday 31st (Waterstones Cardiff)

davetrave
    Free Member

Sorry funkrodent, only saw your post afterwards, otherwise would’ve said yes – bit of respite form standing in the queue to get the book signed and sign his cast…!

While he will polarise peoples’ opinions, soundninjauk’s spot on – he’s a very engaging conversationalist and I warmed to him a lot more, seeing and hearing him in the flesh. 90 minutes with the man being open and honest, rather than editted choice soundbites the media put across, give a much better perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Great week for cycling chat in Manc (roadie/marmite content…)’ is closed to new replies.