Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gravity Dropper. Bendy or not?
  • Doug
    Free Member

Anyone ever bent one? All answers whether yes or no most appreciated.

Liftman

Don’t think they would bend, they are more likely to snap at the point where the hole is in the shaft, only heard of one doing that.

Doug
    Free Member

Cheers. Just had a word with a lad whose had one apart and that was his opinion as well. Off to hit the buy button.

Radioman

They do snap. I snapped one on my hard tail. They are basically very much like the old USE rigid XC seat post. I would not recommend them for FR or DH or on a hard tail if you are a heavy rider. However the design is simple and maintenance is easy. I have the basic non-cable operated version. On my FR bike I use a Reverb post.

Doug
    Free Member

Thanks Radioman, going on a Prophet (160mm both ends and 27.2 only) for trail duties. Got loads of zipties ready as it will be getting swapped out for a shorter bombproof post on play days.

Radioman

As a prophet is full suss I think it will be fine. Mine snapped on the hard tail but I’m 80kg and not very fit so stayed sat down too much!. The suspension softens the impacts. The version with the cable does need a bit more attention on the cable as it can get sticky i believe. In my experience the seet tube operated version worked fine and was great in Glentress/trail centre visits. I now have a reverb which is bar operated and seems stronger… i think the Reverbs can be had very cheap at hibike.de in Germany now. Good Idea re play days… I always carry a spare rigid post in the spares pot too when i go away. I think all the uppy downy posts are a bit vulnerable. Have Fun!

Doug
    Free Member

Post ordered. Cheers both.

steveh

Snapped mine too. The second time i snapped the post I sold it and went back to a Thomson. I was told by GD that the middle hole on the turob versions can’t be used essentially.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper. Bendy or not?’ is closed to new replies.