Home Forums Bike Forum Gravel frame, carbon, 30.9mm seatpost, internal dropper routing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gravel frame, carbon, 30.9mm seatpost, internal dropper routing
    escrs
    Free Member

So im looking for a gravel frame

Ive had a couple before and i now know exactly what i want for the type of riding i do on them

budget is upto 2k for the frame but it must meet the requirements below

Carbon (ive had alloy and Ti, i prefer carbon)

Seatpost tube must take a 30.9 seatpost or a 31.6 (again ive had smaller, 27.2mm)

Has internal routing for a dropper post

Please dont recommend anything that dosent meet the above criteria (i know some of you will just to be annoying barstewards, where is the laughinmg/crying emoji)

Open to 2nd hand as well as brand new if something is over my 2k budget when new

RichBowman

Giant Revolt (Advanced – for the carbon) takes a 30.9mm post and does internal routing.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers that pretty much fits the bill apart from its a Giant, unfortunatley i wont touch them due to the problems people seem to encounter if they need to make a warrnty claim

Onzadog
    Free Member

What end of the gravel spectrum are you aiming with the geometry?

thorpey0
    Free Member

Watching with interest. I have a 2017 Titanium frame… looking for something more up to date.. and carbon curious…. But not with that budget! :-)

escrs
    Free Member

What end of the gravel spectrum are you aiming with the geometry?

Not too fussed on geo and if im being honest i never really pay any attention to geo, if i can throw my leg over something and it feels comfy im happy

Im pretty lucky that i can get pretty much get on with any bike as long as its the right size for my height, my road bike is a full on race bike and im happy spending 5-6 hours on that so most other bikes are fine

Will be used for gravel riding obviously but also single track, road sections and some light downhill (i like to take gravel bikes places thier not meant to go, if you know QECP and the trail steeps then thats what i like doing )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.