Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Grand Canyon 29AL or Cube Reaction Pro 29
  • geologist
    Free Member

Which of these would you go for? General trail riding/trail centre type riding.
    Anything else for approx 1200£ ?

Cheers

geologist
    Free Member

Bump 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

I can give you a heads up on the cube I have owned the reaction gtc sl for just over a year and it is a brilliant bike I have done a 12 hour race on it and it was still comfortable even in the last hour. The spec that cube give are generally fantastic for the money. I have also used it for some slightly more technical stuff and it never feels to steep or out of its depth.

The canyon gets very good reviews think they tested 1 in a recent bike mag. And it got 4 and a half out of 5 the only problem with getting the canyon is availability.

The only downside I saw on any cube reviews was they said the frame was stiff but coming from a on one 456carbon iI can tell you it’s far from stiff compared to that bike

amplebrew

No experience of either bike, so probably not much help.

However if both bikes are around the same spec level, then I would go for the Cube purely so I could buy from a shop and get the support and backup etc.

geologist
    Free Member

Bump again

stimpy
    Free Member

I have the canyon and its a great bike. I love it – fast, light and way more confident when pointing downwards than I am! TBH I think you can’t go wrong with either. They’re both great bikes for the cash.

geologist
    Free Member

What are they like when desending?

trusty

Faster than you… 😉

geologist
    Free Member

Surely not 😉

stimpy
    Free Member

trusty – Member
    Faster than you… 😉

This ^^

It wants to descend faster than I am willing to let it.

Feels stable and you’ll feel the benefits of bigger wheels descending on rocky/rooty stretches. Well I do, anyway 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Grand Canyon 29AL or Cube Reaction Pro 29’ is closed to new replies.