Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Government rolls back animal welfare legislation
  • Lifer
    Free Member

The Great Animal Rights Betrayal

The Agriculture minister James Paice, who part-owns a farm in Cambridgeshire…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Animal Welfare minister James Paice withdrew the code and replaced it with a new version which allowed “enriched” cages to remain. The decision followed lobbying from shooting organisations, such as the Countryside Alliance and the Game Farmers’ Association.

‘Tories look after their own interests and sod everyone else shocker’….

Garry_Lager

Articles like that one really make you think – who on earth reads the Independent? Amazing that it keeps going really.

Lifer
    Free Member

😐

footflaps

These are the people who removed the ban on feeding the corpses of dead and diseased animals to the healthy ones to make protein feed cheaper after lobbying from the NFU. A few years later, BSE and a billion dollar clean up bill…

Then then, of course, took the credit for re-instating the ban after spending billions of tax payers money cleaning up their own mess and slaughtering most of the country’s live stock 😉

Karinofnine

That made me cry and angry too. Bastards. I don’t eat meat, but I understand that other people do. No need to be cruel though. 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

‘Tories look after their own interests and sod everyone else shocker’….

Or Tories in being evil ****s shocker 🙁

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

That made me cry and angry too. Bastards. I don’t eat meat, but I understand that other people do. No need to be cruel though.

No need to be cruel indeed, but the fact is, most people don’t give the slightest toss about the source of their meat/dairy.

The reason that…..slaughterhouse workers get away with abuse, chickens get their beaks clipped and dairy cattle are milked until the chronic mastitis is so bad they can barely stumble to the milking parlour…. is nothing to do with government legislation and everything to do with end consumers. Anyone who eats milk, meat or eggs is DIRECTLY responsible for the treatment of animals that produce them. If they didn’t buy it because of the practices that go on, then those practices would change.

A few people may even say ‘aww, that’s awful’ the government should do ‘this’ and ‘that’ – but what they really need to do is take a long hard look at their own actions. Ultimately though, most people are careless, selfish and just don’t believe that causing an animal pain amounts to abuse if the end result is a pre-packaged product in a supermarket.

I have much more respect for people that say “I honestly don’t care” than those that say “oh, I wish I could be veggie, but….” or “yeah, it is awful what goes on, but……..”

Coyote
    Free Member

Grumm has it.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Oh, surprise, STW inhabited by experts in animal welfare shocker 🙄

Karinofnine

littlegirlbunny – well said.

I don’t eat meat because I can’t stand the way animals are treated. It’s my small protest.

I buy free range eggs and organic dairy because they get better treatment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

Oh, surprise, STW inhabited by experts in animal welfare shocker 🙄

And of course the RSPCA and the British Veterinary Association also know nothing about animal welfare :much rolling of eyes:

Zulu-Eleven in “I support the Tories to the hilt and don’t give a toss about animals” double shocker.

Karinofnine

Zulu-Eleven – you do animal testing I think don’t you? I expect you don’t mind much if hens have their beaks cut off or sheep and cows go to their deaths terrified and kicked, punched, poked, shouted at. God, I can’t even type it without crying. I’m out of here.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven in “I support the Tories to the hilt and don’t give a toss about animals” double shocker.

Ha ha!

Ear we go….

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Oh no! Look wot teh toriezz r doin now!!!1!one!!eleven!!!11!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, Karin, because everyone involved with any form of animal testing is an evil, cruel sadist. Get over yourself and have a bacon bun or something FFS.

There are legitimate and necessary animal tests. Where these exist, there are very high standards of animal welfare.

Find something else to cry about, eh? 😉

As to the other boring, “Anything Tory is evil, innit?” brigade, it’s awfully boring, you know. 😉

grumm
    Free Member

I have much more respect for people that say “I honestly don’t care” than those that say “oh, I wish I could be veggie, but….” or “yeah, it is awful what goes on, but……..”

littlegirlbunny – I kind of agree but I do try and eat responsibly reared meat and free range eggs etc as much as I can.

As to the other boring, “Anything Tory is evil, innit?” brigade, it’s awfully boring, you know.

Yes it must get boring to hear the truth – anyone with a conscience must be pretty appalled with virtually everything this government is doing. No-one ever offers any arguments in favour and just says ‘oh it’s just the typical Tory haters’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t even type it without crying. I’m out of here.

Now see what you’ve done ratty ? ………. you brute 😐

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Karinofnine

You had your knee cartilage operated on recently didn’t you?

How do you think they developed that surgical technique?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As to the other boring, “Anything Tory is evil, innit?” brigade, it’s awfully boring, you know.

Actually it’s not. Sadly, the Tories are a bunch of self-serving lying shysters with as much integrity as smoke. Flashy; you’re not negatively affected by Tory policies, but millions in the UK are. And stuff like this latest bit of shystering is once again proof how the Tories only have their own selfish interests at heart. Surprise surprise.

‘Oh it’s awfully boring’ don’t try making out you’re a toff; you’re a civil servant who runs around at weekends pretending to be a Toff.

Anyone on here ever actually met Flashy? Thought not. He can’t let that happen, we’d see through the whole act.

Charlatan wannabe…

druidh
    Free Member

Hmmm – haggis and chips tonight for me…..

MrKmkII
    Free Member

tories in being tories shocker! 😮 :mrgreen:

MrKmkII
    Free Member

legitimate and necessary animal tests

you mean it’s legal and you think it’s necessary? doesn’t make it right you know 😮

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member

You cruel man. Eating poor innocent haggi

Markie
    Free Member

Why were these rules only due to be introduced in the last few weeks?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    druidh – Member

You cruel man. Eating poor innocent haggi

AND they’re out of season. Shocking.

😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look how Flashy hasn’t the guts to respond to my post. Typical Tory, that. 😈

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, just been out to buy some ale, Fred! 😉

Certainly not a civil servant, that’s for sure!

Junkyard
    Free Member

because everyone involved with any form of animal testing is an evil, cruel sadist. Get over yourself and have a bacon bun or something FFS.

to someone who has said she is a veggie andl eft because she was in tears those are pretty harsh words. I thought you posh lot were known for manners,chivalry and politeness.
    This threads and purchasing shows that not many meat eaters care very much about the welfare of the animal prior to slaughter. I stopped eating meat because I thought it was natural to eat meat but the industry was cruel. Going out with your bow, gun whatever to kill a wild animal for food is one thing growing things for food another. Husbandry need not be cruel but it does if you want low prices and large quantities – people do.
    Doubt there will be much marching in the street over this

druidh
    Free Member

Markie – Member
    Why were these rules only due to be introduced in the last few weeks?

Because the last lot thought it was soooo important that it took them 3 terms of government to get round to it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought you posh lot were known for manners,chivalry and politeness.

Not towards peasant women.

And the poor unfortunate lady’s lack of appreciation for the virtues of hunting and glutinous eating, clearly marks her out as one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Certainly not a civil servant, that’s for sure!

Whatever. Brave enough to have a pop at someone who’s upset, yet not respond to my challenge that you’re a charlatan with delusions of grandeur? Who’s not even brave enough to meet up with other STWers for a pint, in spite of claiming that you will? Whassamatter, afraid people might see you for who you really are? IE, all mouth and no trousers?

I thought you posh lot were known for manners, chivalry and politeness.

Flashy’s as posh as I am. It’s all an act. Don’t be taken in by it. Chivalry? Pft. He’s a bounder and a cad.

kaesae
    Free Member

I eat chickens, for one simple reason, once apon a time I had a grass hopper. On a trip to a farm, hoppy escaped from it’s match box and made a dash for freedom.

Only to be gobbled up by a fu king chicken, said chicken got the sh1t kicked out of it. Alas it was too late, on the plus side, ever since then I have had a great possion for eating chickens.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

all mouth and no trousers

CFH spotted down some dodgy ally in Central London….

kaesae
    Free Member

I don’t eat cows and I don’t eat anything else, actually I eat bacon when I’m drunk or very occasionally.

That said I like plants more than animals, at least their not noisy b@stards and don’t sh1t everywhere!

grumm
    Free Member

I eat chickens, for one simple reason, once apon a time I had a grass hopper. On a trip to a farm, hoppy escaped from it’s match box and made a dash for freedom.

Only to be gobbled up by a fu king chicken, said chicken got the sh1t kicked out of it. Alas it was too late, on the plus side, ever since then I have had a great possion for eating chickens.

😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Grumm; who knows; who knows…

Junkyard
    Free Member

is a fu king some kind of special oriental chicken dish fed only on grass hoppers ?
    IGMC

grumm
    Free Member

Racist. :p

CaptJon
    Free Member

In the grand scheme of things I find it very hard to worry about how animals are treated – beyond a basic level of treatment – before they get to my plate. There are human beings without access to clean drinking water, children are trafficked for sex, women are mutilated, innocent people are killed in wars, I could go on. Caring about those things and animals are clearly not mutually exclusive, but i know what is at the top of my list when someone asks me what changes to human actions need to be made. that said, it takes time and effort to overturn/delay legislation that would improve the lives and deaths of animals – it would have been easier to do nothing and let Labour’s plans proceed. Maybe it is cheaper to make these changes, that seems to be the justification for sot things the govt is doing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Government rolls back animal welfare legislation’ is closed to new replies.