Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Got a new drill – how to care for the batteries?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Birthday last week and got a very nice Makita 18v drill with LiIon batteries – very pleased with it.
    As it’s just for casual DIY stuff and it’s not going to be used every day, how should I store/recharge the batteries to ensure the best life out of them?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If its in “long term storage”, in the fridge at about 40% charge. Do not allow to freeze or touch frost. Don’t run dead flat either. Store somewhere cool and dry if not the fridge, but allow to warm up to room temp before work.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Somebody will be along in a moment to say I’m talking BS

unklehomered
    Free Member

Buy them flowers even when its not their birthday. Ask them how their day was even if yours was awful. Every other weekend ask what they’d like to do, even if you know its going to be shopping.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of those. It’s a joy to use…

Putting up shelves this weekend, and I’m excited about it!

Flaperon

What gofasterstripes said.

Though my battery lives in the drill 90% of the time and on the charger the remaining 10% and is still in perfect nick. In fact, you could probably leave it on the charger all the time since, being Japanese, the charger has more computing power than GCHQ.

zokes
    Free Member

Caress them and tenderly hold them. Sing them lullabies and buy them flowers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Got a new drill – how to care for the batteries?’ is closed to new replies.