Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Gorrick Autumn Classics
  • njee20
    Free Member

Aye, great fun! I got a great start in the Experts then went backwards, as expected, to finish a solid 6th… Out of 6. Enjoyed my day out though, and I think I managed some good consistent lap times. They were shit. But they were consistent!

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Nice one njee, better than sandbagging it. Shame I missed it today, still I got to anger motorists with a red flag, so a morning well spent.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Well done Nick! No idea if I caught you, doubt it as I was also mainly watching people overtake me.

Great course, but how can it be too hot to race by 10:30 at the end of September – mental!

phil40
    Free Member

I was second to last in fun male, but I am counting that as a plus, as I was expecting to come dead last. 🙂 Even as several juniors came speeding past me, I just reminded myself that it was a lovely day, and being out on the bike beats the crap out of being at work 🙂

I will be back for crowthorne and will continue my cunning plan of making everyone else look a little bit better on the results sheet!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

…that was fun. I think I managed 12th in sport. That’ll do me.

Fun little course and the weather was/still is amazing. The sandy bits made for some ‘interesting’ moments, especially just before the finishing line corner 🙂

localhero94
    Free Member

Managed 18th out of 24 in the male vets, which I’m really pleased with. My son had a great time, despite getting lost in his race and finishing last!

localhero94
    Free Member

Jesus, just looked at my heart rate analysis on Strava – 97% in the red. No wonder I felt like throwing up most of the way round 😯

Kryton57

Tsk. If it’s not over 100% you weren’t trying hard enough. C-

localhero94
    Free Member

I’m happy with a C-, cheers. As you know, I’m not one of life’s over-ambitious types 😉

phil40
    Free Member

I think we had a chat local, it was me with the two small ones on bikes parked next to you.

As I said in the car park , he didn’t take a wrong turn, he decided the course wasn’t epic enough and added some extra epic ness 🙂

localhero94
    Free Member

Yes, that was me – nice to meet you phil40. After riding the course myself I can see how he could have got confused, so despite the Micky-taking I’ve let him off, and he is allowed to eat tonight 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Results are up! Was indeed nice and consistent: 20:20, 20:48, 20:51, 20:43, 21:10.

Would’ve got under 21 for all of em if I’d not caught a couple of guys just at the bottom of that bastard climb on the moorland with the sandy bit at the top!

akak
    Free Member

Times quite encouraging I could have ridden with the top 3 if I’d been there. Would have been maybe top third of open but 66 starters must have been hectic so I’m glad I didn’t enter that.

johnny

I can attest that the start- in fact the first lap of Open was pretty silly.

I made 18th in the end, pretty good as i’ve not done an XC race since the Enduro at Ceasars camp. I did feel beaten after a lap and a half, but managed to hold it together til the end…

Where are the results? I can’t see them on the Gorrick results page.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Go straight to the Timelaps website, they are up there.

robbo
    Free Member

Brilliant course. The last bits into the finish are epic. Managed 20th in Grand Vets out of 27. Just happy to be back to feeling like I can race after nearly three years. Lots of room for improvement!

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice to meet you Yak even if realising it was you ahead didn’t give me enough incentive to catch you up 😀

I loved the course- was so much fun. Finished 17th in Open Male- which is odd as the lady in the caravan looked at her screen and told me 16th???

dobo
    Free Member

totaly forgot about this and did the CX race at newbury, couldnt get in the zone

Yak

Ooof – double post.

Yak

Good to meet you too! I’ve gone down a place as well to 14th in open. Still happy with that, and a great race. Really enjoyed it and now motivated to get quicker. Well done everyone else too..

TiRed

Was out the back of a Surrey League 2/3 road race. I think I’d have been better off. In the dusty mud! Well done all. I do like a Gorrick.

cycles-goff
    Free Member

just bumping this thread…so I’ve gone and entered the 9 Nov Autumn classic, first ever xc race and will be racing ss. Anyone able to recommend or share their ss gearing thoughts please? Currently 36/18. My ambitions are modest, as is my fitness. Is 2:1 about right?

TiRed

I race Gorrick on 32×17 and don’t do too badly. You will however struggle to get near the front for the crucial first bend. But it’s your first race, so just enjoy it!

david47
    Free Member

Pretty sure I have not thought this one through, but in preparation for the next gorrick race I thought it would be a good idea to get tickets the night before to the woking beer festival… On that basis I’m pretty certain that it won’t matter that gearing I have 🙁

theotherjonv

I’d say you have that about right. Fun has been changed to about 9am, if you do it right you can do it before the hangover kicks in.

Ss gearing will be OK. If they use the usual start, its slightly uphill so you might avoid being dead last into the single track (see my earlier post for ss strategies)

Painey
    Free Member

First time I’ve seen this thread and I’m planning on entering the 9th November race. I did a Gorrick event at Crowthorne a few years ago and conditions were, shall I say, challenging. It was very wet and the mud was a nightmare!

Hoping for better conditions this time and I appreciate that it generally drains fairly well there. Last time I recall the start was up a short gravelly climb and then out into single track where nobody could pass each other. My first race since the Big Dog last year so just hoping to not come last in the Open category. I certainly won’t be near the front.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick Autumn Classics’ is closed to new replies.