Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • GoPro mount compatible Head Torch
  • dmorts

Are there any self-contained GoPro mount compatible head torches out there?

All I can find is the MyTinySun Folkslight 2000 lumens bike light

At £130 and 2000 lumens, it’s too expensive and too powerful for my needs. I’m looking for a supplement head torch as I already have a 2000 lumen light on the bars. Probably something that’s around 800 lumens would be ideal.

I’ve got a Bell Super 2R and this has a GoPro mount. It has MIPS which makes adding a mount that straps on difficult, so making use of the Go Pro mount would be much better.

I’ve also got a mtbbatteries V2 which might be able to be adapted, although having a separate battery isn’t my preference

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you can get replacement mounts that fit most separate lights for about £1.50 on gearbest/amazon/aliexpress.

Not as neat and tidy, but saves buying yet another light.

deker
    Free Member

I just put an adapter on my Solarstorm

dmorts

I could give an adaptor a go. What are they called? There are loads of options on Amazon when I look for GoPro mount!

deker
    Free Member
    greatbeardedone
    Free Member

This torch would have been to heavy to mount on the side of my bike helmet so I adapted it to fit on the go pro mount of my Goldeneyes helmet.

I happened to have;

A spare rubber mount from an on one jobsworth asterion

A lezyne macro duo torch

Expletives deleted

Various go pro bits and pieces

And somehow it works.

The strap from the asterion holds it rock solid.

Once it gets too dark to film with the sjcam, I can replace it with this for a safer ride home.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Raceware do a few, I looked at their Exposure range for my Diablo when a helmet I was considering came with a GoPro mount http://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/exposure-gopro-mount-small/

mattbee

I use a Joystick in an adapter for the GoPro mount on my Urge Enduro as it’s a sod to mount anything else on it.

Dango
    Free Member

I have a joystick and ^that mount^ on my Bell Super.

No cables, plenty bright, good tight fit and doesn’t budge apart from when clipping big branches

gerti
    Free Member

I was able to just screw a GoPro adapter to my Chinese Cree light for use on my helmet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144858550@N07/shares/FPG2g0

jekkyl

placemark

jonnym92

@greatbeardedone

Could you send me some details on what you’ve done there. Got exactly the same light that would be good to attach to the GoPro mount on my Bell Super, looks ideal..

Cheers!

dmorts

So after trying to do this on the cheap and use what I had…..I ended up buying an Exposure Joystick!

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@jonnym92

Just spotted your post

Will endeavour to post some pics over the weekend:)

GavinB

Just got a mount for my Lupine light, which allows me to mount it on my Super 2R Go-Pro mount. Works much better than the velcro original, which I found needed backed up with a couple of zip-ties to stop it wobbling around at speed.

(Dons tin foil hat) I was also considering that the MIPS liner would be compromised by having a couple of velcro straps tightened against it. I’m not sure how valid that is, but the whole point of having a MIPS liner is allow it to rotate freely, so potentially stopping that from happening seemed a good idea.

hainman
    Free Member

GavinB what mount did you get

dmorts

I was also considering that the MIPS liner would be compromised by having a couple of velcro straps tightened against it. I’m not sure how valid that is, but the whole point of having a MIPS liner is allow it to rotate freely, so potentially stopping that from happening seemed a good idea.

I agree completely. Have you seen how much the MIPS liner actually moves? Any velcro straps over it will render it completely ineffective. I played about with the Exposure helmet mount earlier and even with that behind the MIPS liner it seemed make it less slippy. Plus the Bell 2r GoPro mount is breakaway

Also in response to an earlier post, Exposure do their own GoPro mount http://www.exposurelights.com/cycle-lights/brackets-and-mounts/mount-for-action-camera-brackets. Sort of makes the Raceware one pointless unless I’m missing something? I’d always go with a manufacturer’s own components over third party, just in case I have any warranty issues, e.g. the mount breaking and that in turn breaking the light

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

https://www.flickr.com/gp/98219308@N08/ULN7yQ

Well, I had a two prong GoPro mount with room for a 4mm? Allen bolt.
    The Allen bolt secures the GoPro mount to the (spare) mount from the jobs worth asterion.

You will need to disassemble the asterion mount (afaik there’s a small spring in there!) and place a washer and one of those nuts with the rubbery thread inserts inside the asterion mount.

If everything’s the right size, there should be nothing protruding from the side, opposite to the Allen head.

At this stage you may wish to add a small patch of rubber (maybe from a tyre repair kit) to strap in order to keep the profile round.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

https://www.flickr.com/gp/98219308@N08/52DXc8

As you can see, it’s important that your Allen bolts are not so long as to poke through this part, as it’s going to wrap round your torch.

Hope that made some kind of sense.

I tried to peel back the underside of the mount, but the camera struggled to focus on said washer and rubbery threaded nut.

hainman
    Free Member

Anyone know if those exsposure mounts will work with the ultra fire torches

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘GoPro mount compatible Head Torch’ is closed to new replies.