Home Forums Chat Forum Google Street View weirdness

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Google Street View weirdness
  • franksinatra

I had reason to look at my house on Street View earlier and the image showing is from 2008. The odd thing is that it was updated a couple of years ago to current image, that remained for a long time and has now reverted back to 16 year old images. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest as I don’t need streetview of my own house, but does anyone have any idea why they have dialled back time to much older imaging?

eckinspain
    Free Member

Maybe someone has asked them to take down the latest image.

Was your lawn looking untidy and someone in your household was embarrassed for it to be publicly visible?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you clicked on the date? You can select different years for the images.

reeksy

Hmmm. Was that a very good year? It’s been a long long time…

ossify

Are you looking from the same spot? Sometimes only parts are refreshed, eg the view from one angle might be a different date than a different angle.

Our house is a case in point, it’s on the corner of 2 roads. One road shows it from July this year, images from the other (smaller) road are from 2020. Very odd to see all the leaves suddenly fall off the tree when you move round the corner!

kormoran
    Free Member

“Cher to the forum please, that’s Cher to the forum, thank you”

Madame and I are on street view 3 times on the outer hens, twice in one day. We were on holiday and saw it go by

Mate in Edinburgh years back did a fake beating as the camera went by and thought nothing of it. About a year later the cops came by, asking about an assault in the street that had been seen on street view by a member of public

Trailseeker
    Free Member

I saw the car a few weeks back while cycling home from work & my street now shows Aug24 but the lane where I passed the car is still showing Jun09

gobuchul
    Free Member

It took a couple of months for the street view after I saw the car.

franksinatra

Our house is a case in point, it’s on the corner of 2 roads. One road shows it from July this year, images from the other (smaller) road are from 2020. Very odd to see all the leaves suddenly fall off the tree when you move round the corner!

Our street has had 2022 images since a month or so after they were filmed. There is a cul-de-sac off teh end of the road which hadn’t been updated. This is now showing new images and our street has reverted back tot old one. Its really odd.

Maybe someone has asked them to take down the latest image.

I thought that sort of thing was managed by blurring?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was looking for an art gallery in Botley (I think) to see what the window display the had offered me looked like from the street. Clicking along street view from one direction showed it as a bike shop and from the other direction it was a coffee shop. It had only opened as a gallery recently I guess so the photos showed the last 2 businesses that were there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.