Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Google Pixel phones…
  • nickc

Casio can’t just set-up a plant in Switzerland and then knock out automatic watches and hope to sell them for the same price as Rolex.

$6000 casio

guess they can actually.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Brands have value, Apple consistently tops Forbes World’s Most Valuable Brand list.

Just had a look at Forbes list, Google are second. What does that say about their brand then?

theotherjonv

picking your choice of phone is becoming like picking a football team. Choose a side and be a dick about it.

Slight aside but i refuse to buy anything Samsung due to their involvement with Chelsea, who I detest with a passion. i know it ended in 2014, but they’re still tainted in my eyes.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Reviews now appearing and depending on the view point its either almost as good as the iPhone (due to apps, waterproofness and resale value), just as good, or slightly better (Ok Google, Camera). Seems like the price tag is justified and a really good entrance into the marketplace.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting. We can wait and see how many get sold.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The AI is coming for your soul.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Anyone got one yet? Any thoughts?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Guy from my office got one after a life with the i’s (it stopped just doing and wouldn’t work with a bunch of stuff) he was impressed, it was the smaller of the 2, flet like a good phone in the hand, great screen etc. the usual vanilla android stuff. Looked sorted.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Nice, Im trying to decide if it’s worth the extra cash over a one plus 3. I’m a developer so it might be useful to have vanilla Android, but it’s not a deal breaker. It’s still a lot of cash for a phone, so tough call.

skids
    Free Member

£719 for the 32GB, not bad

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have the 32gb Nexus 7.
    (caveat – I have 25mbit internet at home, 100mbit in the office, 4g in most places I visit and a decent data connection)
    It’s fine, I have to do some trimming but keeping cloud downloads to a minimum, emptying the downloads section and streaming more than holding it works well for me.
    The 32GB gives me 25 of storage, camera is set to upload and delete (google photos) my main consumption of space is things like Spotify and Podcasts – the library deletes after I’ve listened to them and it limits the number of DL’s if I’m not keeping up.
    I can generally get a spotify playlist down quick enough to do it on airport WiFi and update my podcasts there too.

sbob
    Free Member

skids – Member

£719 for the 32GB, not bad

I’ll stick with my phone, laptop, and £400 change! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

phones, laptops and change available at multiple price points…

spooky_b329

I thought it was too expensive, but I think thats the idea.

I was chatting to a new guy at work who has always had Apple, and he was asking about my Android phone as he was considering switching.

Quite a long discussion over it, (I use an iphone for work and Android for personal) and how the Moto G etc as an ideal starter phone to see if he liked it.

At the end of the conversation it became clear he was only interested as he viewed the Pixel as an iPhone competitor/alternative due to it being it the same price bracket. He wasn’t really interested in ‘Android’, he was specifically interested in the Pixel.

And I suspect thats the whole point, someone who has spent the last few years spending £500-700 on a phone, doesn’t see a £100 Moto G or a £300 Sony as a viable alternative. They are too cheap, I can afford more, I want the best.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I was an iPhone fan for years – I didn’t buy the latest model but was still a fan.
    I tried a Jiayu S3 12 months ago as I fancied giving Android a try and I have to say I very much doubt I’d ever go back now.
    I had a play with the Pixel the other day and it was very nice but I’d never pay that much for any phone – now the One Plus 3 on the other hand seems like it ticks pretty much every box at a reasonable price.
    If I won the lottery though I’d have a Pixel within days.

Flaperon

Perectly happy OnePlus 3 user here. You could have three of them for the cost of the 128GB Pixel. Camera perfectly adequate but obviously not as stunning as that of the Pixel.

markoc1984

Quick review from 12 days with the phone.

I got the Pixel XL 128GB after having 4 iPhones and I absolutely love it, upgraded on my vodafone contract through Carphone Warehouse and ended up paying less per month and getting a lot more data with it.

I really like how you can customize it and make it your own, the screen is brilliant, and battery is amazing, only really charge it when I am getting ready in the morning, its so fast compared to my old iPhone but that was 2 years old. There were some drawbacks from iOS, but I have gotten used to the different ways of doing things pretty quickly.

I was really impressed that I could plug it into my old iPhone and downloaded all of my pics, contacts, messages etc. It was also really funny as when I first started using it the Photos app would take my old pics that it could see were taken at the same time and stitched them together into gifs.

Some Android apps aren’t as good as the iOS equivalent but most are the same or even better; the android version of Strava is much better as you can use satellite view which make much easier to find segments.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I’ve only heard really positive things about the Pixel and the charging time is about at least an hour faster than an iPhone to full charge. I think you can get to something like 75% charge in about 45min?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Google Pixel phones…’ is closed to new replies.