Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Google Music – What Format/Quality
  • climbingkev
    Free Member

Currently recovering from an op, so in my boredom am going to sort out all of my music. 20,000 track free upload space to Google Music, play on multiple devices and a hatred of iTunes has lead me this way.

The question is, what’s the best format/quality to rip my CD’s onto a hard drive in prior to upload. Thinking that if I download music to my phone for listening to off-line it’ll take a while and use more data depending on the quality of the tracks? And subsequently use up more memory in my phone?

So anyone out there have a preferred format/size/quality balance? Currently thinking MP3 at 256kbps….

Cheers

Kev

Jamze

I think whatever you rip it at, Google supports 320 kbps max when it streams (plus it will adjust the bitrate as necessary unless you’ve told the app to not do this.) Doesn’t it works like iTunes Match, it only uploads songs that it doesn’t already have in its 30 million-odd song library?

Are you pushed for space on your PC? If not I’d be tempted to get a decent lossless copy of your CDs and never have to rip them all again in future.

climbingkev
    Free Member

I did wonder if that’s how google did it after posting! Many thanks!

StirlingCrispin

As above.

Top tip is to rip and then turn on the Google Music Uploader thingee.
    Otherwise you get the first song of an album separated from the rest of the album tracks.

And if you have kids the non-explicit lyrics are replaced with explicit lyrics (Dizee Rascall etc). Oops!

StirlingCrispin

Double Post 🙁

climbingkev
    Free Member

Explicit bit is worth knowing!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I would rip at 320 mp3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Google Music – What Format/Quality’ is closed to new replies.