Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Google Chrome & STW.com
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone else running Google Chrome? Despite not having an adblock addin yet (Im using local host to keep un-clutter the pages in one particular website, ahem) its a very nice browser to use…

… but, for some reason the back button (or Backspace, or Alt+left) doesnt work on the STW site. TomDB – any ideas why? I cant find any good reason on the net either.
    Anyone else have the same problem?
    Cheers

ma-maracas
    Free Member

Hi,

I am using Chrome (developer edition I think though), v.3.0.196.2 – Haven't noticed any issues.

Thanks,

Mark

———————————————————-
    FS: Bike P0rn
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-on-one-inbred-single-speed-custom-build-hope-thomson

Stoner
    Free Member

ah – Im only on 2.x so maybe its something that will get ironed out in the next release. Anyone else running on 2.x?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I use Chrome developer on both my home and work machine.
    On my home machine (which has lots of old junk and could do with a rebuild)
    The back button on Chrome regularly doesn't work correctly. If I go to some site, click on a page, click on a link on that page, press back, it quite often sends me back to the first page rather than to the previous page.
    It also crashes a lot.
    At work on a reasonably clean install, the same version works flawlessly.
    Last time I looked there was still an open issue on the fault log to do with the back button.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

The back button can't really be controlled by a web site. There are a few javascript tricks but there's none of that jiggery pokery here.

It appears the Chrome back button is a known issue: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=45fc2589e2abc3a9&hl=en

Stoner
    Free Member

ah cheers Ian.

Im pretty certain its a development issue rather than my build as this is a squeaky clean install on my netbook.

I think it applies to some sites but nobody has specified what it is about those sites that causes the problem. When I press Back it just takes me to the top of the current page.

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks tom.

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks tom.

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers everyone. Fixed by upgrading to 3.x

Stoner
    Free Member

ahhhhh fexsox.

its not working again – it seems to have problems with the post text entry box I think.

cp

dare i mention firefox?? I was using chrome for a while at work, it seemed fine, but i noticed over time a lot of little annoying gremlins and bugs. once firefox 3.5 came out, i switched back to ff, and it's been loveliness since. i originally used chrome as it seemed firefox had taken some huge steps backwards with 3.0

Stoner
    Free Member

I run FF 3.5 on the desktop and it is great. I may go back to FF on the netbook but the load of file writes slows it down on this SSD machine.

Ill put up with chrome a while longer, it is afterall still in development.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Google Chrome & STW.com’ is closed to new replies.