Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • good service from Evans
  • 3bikeman
    Free Member

Had a new Garmin 800 for xmas pressy.Initial order received within 2 days but! SD card wouldnt load despite help from STW forum Neil and Foxy – emailed Evans, instant response from Evans mail order- sent it back got back today all working!great,all despite xmas hols and severe weather.

All Emails answered with 24 hrs – postive responses each time

Great service from Evans Cycles.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 if it leads to the demise of some of the crapier bike shops arround here long may their rise continue!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’ve always had good service from evans in glasgow/braehead. Most of the staff there seem pretty knowledgable and into their bikes too so i guess it is at other stores that their ‘halford-like’ reputation comes from.

To be fair to halfords, personally i’ve never had any problems there either!

hh45
    Free Member

Seems to depend on the staff on the day. IME they are the pits and gave me some of the worst retail service I have ever had from any shop in any sector. In that sense that could hardly have got any worse but why risk it? I’d rather give my hard earned to anyone else.

Waderider
    Free Member

The worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life was by Braehead Evans. Had to ring the actual supplier for remedy.

3bikeman
    Free Member

Can only speak about the mail order service which was excellent – never been in the shop – speak as we find, some good some not so good.

Thanks for all comments

rossrobot
    Free Member

Bought my last bike from Evans Brighton – really great service including a warranty repair on a rear mech snap a few months after buying. Have dealt with a few simpletons in there since, but mostly they’ve outperformed one particular LBS*

*not Freedom bikes – they’re ace.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Evans are absolutely hopeless at ordering things in.

I’ve done a couple of “special orders” which means you pay up front. The ETA can come and pass without them bothering to contact to explain why, and even phoning them to check whether something has come in doesn’t always result in accurate info being given.

I’m currently waiting for a “special order” that I paid for at the end of November. It’s been readily available from other retailers and the distributor in that time – I even had to tell Evans which distributor it was because they couldn’t seem to look it up.

Hasten to say that I’m still waiting for the item and am only doing so because they offer a reasonable discount – they really do need to sort out their back office processes though as the stores seem to get let down by a lack of information and a lack of follow up on orders – the lack of coordination between shop staff just compounds matters. Perhaps if they bonused staff on customer satisfaction they might turn things around…

clowner
    Free Member

another +1 for Evans

Always happy to use them

Guys I’ve delt with at Braehead have always seemed decent and been helpfully and they pretty much price match anywhere – online included.

Just got a new road bike and got an extra £300 of from the already reduced price as they price matched an online retailers ex demo bike – ended up saving £800

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘good service from Evans’ is closed to new replies.