Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Good places to eat in Lyme Regis?
  • IHN

We’re off in the campervan for the weekend down to Lyme Regis.

Planning on watching the fireworks on the beach tomorrow night, anywhere good for eats afterwards?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Take your pick really.

If you want a treat and can get a table, Mark Hix’s place in the gardens – go for a later sitting unless you like being chased off your table.

Most of the pubs down by The Cobb do reasonable pub grub and fish. I haven’t eaten there yet, but there is a new Tapas bar there that is rumoured to be good.

It will be busy though, so plan ahead.

convert

2nd Hix – pricy but nice. Town Mill Bakery for Breakfast in the morning.

IHN

Any opinions on the Talbot at Uplyme? It’s nearthe campsite and we’ll probably end up there to eat tonight.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

2nd what convert says on the Bakery for breakfast.

ransos
    Free Member

Alexadra Hotel for afternoon tea. The scones are sublime.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Not sure about prices but the Alex(andra) is very good for food.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

ransos beat me to it!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Spitroast at the Masons Arms, Branscombe

http://www.masonsarms.co.uk/

convert

Staying at Hook Farm – nice site. We stayed there when training for a cross channel swim and they gave us the pitch half price because what we were doing came up in conversation and it was charadee.

Talbot Arms – strictly a convenience only pub. You won’t die of food poisoning but barely makes passable on my pubometer.

IHN

Yep, Hook Farm.

For ease, by the time we get there and set up and wotnot, I think we’ll end up at the Talbot tonight. Unless there’s anywhere else that’s no more than about a ten minute walk away?

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

+several for breakfast at the Town Mill Bakery

Also, the Town Mill Brewery (just around the corner) does a good selection of beers, available to take away in a wide variety of sizes
    http://www.townmillbrewery.com/

We ate at the Royal Lion pub the week before last, food was good and they keep a good cellar. Food has been good at the Harbour Inn (near the Cobb), but we’ve had mixed experiences with the service.

Hope you have a good time!

ian911uk
    Free Member

Back track a bit and try The George at Chideock. Or better still The Anchor Inn in Seatown.
    Good food even better beer and a cracking view.

chives
    Free Member

Steak at the Talbot should be good; in town, try the Volunteer (good beers – freehouse), I think Mark’s got a decent chef in there now. Jim’s place (Lyme Bay Kitchen) at the bottom of Coombe Street is pretty good for pizza/pasta, and whilst it’s not THE BEST EVER indian I’ve ever had (grew up in the Black Country – so spoilt) Lal Quila on the main street does a consistently good curry (plus they’re not licensed, so you can take your own booze – good times).

If you want a special night with the other half, The Millside Restaurant does really good food. Not the cheapest, but high quality fare.

Nags head (Silver St. – also a freehouse)will have a band on Saturday night – not sure who, don’t get out much nowadays.

+1 for the Anchor at Seatown. The Harbour, Standard etc down the front in Lyme are ok for pub grub. Town Mill bakery for a top breakfast. Wheelwrights in Colyford’s pretty good too. Check out the Boat Building Academy (no food, just interesting if you like boats / woodworking)

Have a good weekend. (ps, bring some decent weather with you eh??)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Good places to eat in Lyme Regis?’ is closed to new replies.