Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Good cheap ish Bristol central hotel?
  • easygirl

Travelling down Friday to look at a camper
    One night needed
    Any good paces for a meal and drink
    I’m in my 50s!

onewheelgood

I can’t tell you about a good one, but I can advise you to avoid the Travelodge – it’s horrible.

wallop

The Harbourside Ibis is actually OK. Parking underneath not cheap though – park in The Grove car park (2 minute walk).

nickjb
    Free Member

The youth hostel is in a cracking location and is pretty nice. They have proper en-suite rooms and take oldies 🙂 . Handy for the harbourside (which is a bit towny on a Friday night) or for King Street, which is much nicer for food and drink.

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for the Ibis, I’ve stayed there a few times, it’s in a decent location just 100 yards from the watershead centre and 200yds from the city centre.

monkeyboyjc

permier inn in the centre of town is ok – much the same as any other permier inn – it always seems fully booked though.

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for the youth hostel if you want to keep it cheap.

Great location but instead of walking over the foot bridge go the other way for the night out and head towards the Old Duke http://www.theoldduke.co.uk/

Plenty of nice places to eat around there including Japanese.

Bur parking could be a problem round there so my other suggestion is find a B&B in Clifton as it will be a bit nicer up that way than down town.

TooTall
    Free Member

friends always use the ibis. Cheap, central-ish, does the job.

easygirl

Thanks
    Ibis looks good, only £49

wallop

Right, now for your dinner and drinks. Tell us what you fancy and we’ll point you in the right direction.

cyve
    Free Member

Zen Harbourside does Sichuan (all the cold appetizers are good as are the dan dan noodles). No 1 Harbourside is also good and has good beer. All ages go there. That side of the harbour may be a bit towny but as you’re in your 50s you can enjoy tutting at the kids with no coats. If you do go to King Street the last time I ate at the Llandoger it was awful.

easygirl

Thanks for the tips
    Stayed at the ibis which was nice and clean
    Went into town n Friday and had a good few beers n the brew dog, ate in a French place in the centre which was great
    And bought a camper!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Awesome.. Post some pics 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

That’s huge! Where’s the wheels?

TooTall
    Free Member

At the bottom. Silly boy.

Nothing wrong with huge things either – you knows it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Good cheap ish Bristol central hotel?’ is closed to new replies.