Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good airbeds?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

We need a decent air bed for guests who are staying for around a month.
    I’ve seen the deep ones like these

Does anyone have any experience with such things and or recommendations?

stwhannah

I slept on one of these in the USA and it was so good I tried to find one here. In the end didn’t need one but maybe finding one with similar features would work? It seemed to me to be just as good as sleeping on a normal bed. No weird squeaky rustles or going soft overnight. https://www.costco.com/AeroBed-Comfort-Lock-Queen-Air-Mattress.product.100461485.html

stumpy01

I think Aerobed are considered the best for this type of airbed, but they are relatively pricey.

We got an Intex one for a camping trip while my Wife was pregnant & it’s brilliant.
    I am not sure about a whole month of sleeping on it, but it is pretty comfortable.

Like this, but I think we only paid about £50:

Intex Air Bed

Caher

I have one of those large aero beds and was in use this weekend for guests. Long time ago but I think eBay.

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve got this one from Go Outdoors: https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15904970/airgo-cirro-double-dlx-self-inflating-mat-15904970 and are very impressed with it. Not sure how exactly, as it is still a bag of air, but it is way more comfortable and a lot less sweaty than any air bed I’ve ever used. The wife is very fussy about beds and she really likes it. In fact we often take it with us to B&Bs and put it on top of the cheap mattress that our budget accommodation usually provides. It is expensive but we’ve done over 50 nights on it and will easily do the same again.

the-muffin-man

Buy a mattress from Ikea and chuck it on the floor.

Those blow-up things are dreadful.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/hafslo-sprung-mattress-firm-beige-00258052/

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m actually in Oz, I’ve found a aerobed in our friendly chain of department stores Here
    But it looks very similar to the Coleman I linked to that is a third of the price… Hmm, I’ll see if I can find out if the internal structure is the same…

Edit: IKEA mattress not really possible as we wouldn’t be able to store it

nickjb
    Free Member

Those blow-up things are dreadful.

Not always. I admit I was as sceptical as you but our Cirro airbed is more comfortable than the Ikea mattress in the spare room.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting. There’s an Intex one on Groupon that also has a headboard. Again it appears to be the same construction…

mikeyp

We have an aerobed. Its very good but its dear. everyone seems to like it. My nephews broke it by jumping on it though (like a trampoline), the dicks. Argos exchanged it though (not dicks).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good airbeds?’ is closed to new replies.