Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Golspie – anyone have any accomodation recommendations nearby?
  • 0pt1cal
    Free Member

As above, a friend is heading up to Golspie and is looking to stay in the local area. Any recommendations?

Thanks

davy-g
    Free Member

http://www.sleeperzzz.com/ I haven’t stayed there ..but they are cheap enough..

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m staying at a place called the Blar Mhor b&b at the beginning of August. Don’t know for sure what it’ll be like as I haven’t stayed there yet, but it looks decent enough, well better than my usual hostel accommodation anyhow! £25 quid a night.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sleeperzzz is excellent if he/she is looking for basic, cheap self-catering. Good pub across the road too.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

thanks guys

daveb
    Free Member

I have stayed at both Blar Mhor b&b and Sleeperzzz. Both are very good, bonus with the B&B is you get your breakfast cooked for you, its a bit closer (you can cycle in about 5 mins to the trail head – Sleeperzzz is a 10 minute drive). The people at SLeeperzz are very friendly and its a great location.

Basically, if you dont mind paying the extra and want a bit more comfort go for the B&B, if not then go for speeperzzz, either way you should be happy.

rickmeister

Stayed at the Blar Mhor, was pretty good. brekkie was great. If you remember The League of Gentlemen, and the character from Creme Brulee who sang Voodo Lady twining on about “Its a sh*t business, thats the owner, but, he is a cheery chappy.

Dont forget a few beers in the cabarfeidh hotel, an interesting insight into how to self destruct using alcohol. We were in all night, the landlady threw four people out, another random bloke got punched by a local girl, then we were befriended by another local who admitted he gets a bit violent when he has been drinking, the police came in twice as well.

We had a great night, spent over £100 on food and Clynelish whiskey and rolled home very happy.. Just nuts, all of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Golspie – anyone have any accomodation recommendations nearby?’ is closed to new replies.