Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • golf 1.9tdi 130 clutch Q
  • neilforrow

when replacing the clutch do you need to replace the duel mass fly wheel too…

that is one expensive part!

nickf
    Free Member

Depends on whether you’re getting vibration, I think (which would incidate that a change was needed).

Given that the biggest part of changing the clutch etc will be labour, it might make sense to do this as a precautionary measure anyway. But that said, the part alone is about £250….

In your situation I’d change it.

neilforrow

yep, getting a bit of vibration, but a bearing (CSC?) is rattling around in there… rattles until you depress the clutch.

I think the clutch is ok… but things are getting tired in there (155k on the same clutch)

fooken expensive ‘consumables’ tho.

Xylene
    Free Member

Is it the 6 speed or 5? You could be a SMF in but it is noisy.

I replaced my clutch, flywheel and csc for about 280 from GSF parts plus 100 quid fitting.

neilforrow

Is it the 6 speed or 5? You could be a SMF in but it is noisy.

I replaced my clutch, flywheel and csc for about 280 from GSF parts plus 100 quid fitting.

it is the 130bhp, 6 speed. there isnt a kit to make it a solid flywheel.
    from euro carparts
    duel mass flywheel – 300£
    Clutch and CSC 200£
    fitting (cheepest I can find) 180£

£680 😯

Xylene
    Free Member

Try Ebay to get the GSF ebay number and give them a call, they were considerably cheaper than eurocarparts by about 200 pounds.

Xylene
    Free Member
    neilforrow

cheers, will do.

Xylene
    Free Member

Any luck?

neilforrow

Gsf were just over 20% cheaper, so well worth the phone call.

Thinking about fitting it myself, can’t be that hard…

Inbred456
    Free Member

If its dual mass which I think it is for the 130 then the clutch and flywheel assembly are all one unit. You can now buy a conversion kit that uses a normal flywheel and a replaceable clutch kit, but that is only worth it if you envisage keeping the car long enough to change the clutch again. The cost of the separate flywheel bumps it up.

Xylene
    Free Member

no smf for the 6 speed as of yet, probably won’t be either.

Bloody noisy with one fitted. I was going to go that route on my five speed diesel, then I heard one and decided not to

steveh

If you’ve done 155k and not had to do the flywheel yet then do it now cos it’ll be needed soon enough anyway!

Xylene
    Free Member

f you’ve done 155k and not had to do the flywheel yet then do it now cos it’ll be needed soon enough anyway

What happened to me. Clutch gave a bit of a slip one afternoon and at 150k decided that rather than risk it going, I would do the whole lot in one go.

Bloody thing didn’t slip once over the next two weeks whilst sorting out the replacement

bland

I have the same car you are talking about and have noticed vibration in 3rd and 4th mostly, its on 126K 52 plate, could this be the flywheel going on mine?

I hadnt really thought about it to be honest till i read this

neilforrow

Having looked in to this, quirrel is spot on, they don’t do a solid conversion for my motor.

There is a valaeo clutch centre in exeter, they come out fairly reasionable (500 is all in) but are these valaeo clutches any good? Or are they cheep’ and nasty?

Bland, google mr clutch, there is a good FAQ section on that site. Sounds like something is going in there. Could be a number of things. Although the main job of the flywheel is to reduce vibration.

steveh

When dual mass flywheels go it’s most obvious at idle on start up not when moving, so I’d say yours is likely to be something else bland.

Xylene
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb9Z6O_Czow[/video]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘golf 1.9tdi 130 clutch Q’ is closed to new replies.