Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Going to swim in the sea tomorrow.
  • Wally

With my daughter, 6am all in van off we go, really looking forward to it. Jellyfish, not so much. Anybody else rushing to the coast for possibly the last hot spike of the summer. Those on the East of UK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

GET IN THE SEA!

Wally

It’s going to be a family affair, Mum, dad, me and my daughter, three generations bobbing around in the North Sea admiring the wind turbines and new coastal defences. Cheap honest fun. Had to look that up CFH.

stu_d
    Free Member

GET IN THE SEA!

damn it …. beat me to it

yossarian
    Free Member

I live a 5 minute stroll from the beach so yes, another day spent in and out of the water after a nice xc ride early doors. Water is lovely and warm at the minute and most of the jellyfish are harmless

globalti
    Free Member

As a child I went on holiday in Boscastle and my sister and I both got chicken pox. A couple of days off and we were both covered in sores with awful pus oozing out. We went for a swim in the sea, as we had been doing every day, and the next morning all the sores had miraculously disappeared thanks to the salt water.

Edukator
    Free Member

Not tomorrow, there are electric storms forecast all day.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

If your near lowestoft Pop over for a coffee or beer dude

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its going to rain.. you’ll get wet!!

jekkyl

going to swim in the sea to tomorrow

Wadda ya want? A medal?

DezB
    Free Member

ooh, didn’t realise it was going to be that nice tomorrow. Might get down to the sea meself.
    Medal please.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup I’m home, 10 min walk to the beach and I shall be swimming nekkid 😀

Rollllllll onnnnnn tomorrow!!!

Whoop!

yossarian
    Free Member

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Not the beach but maybe here for some wild swimming with my little girl …. sunny Essex no less… river Chelmer

wilburt
    Free Member

Tommorow is riding time, today was swimming the sea of the East coast can be quite nice go for it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not the beach but maybe here for some wild swimming

No need for the lifestyle guff. It’s just called “swimming”. 🙂

Wally

Ro5ey, looks like Papermill lock and downstream a bit. Nice section for a dip. Do I get a medal now?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

we evolved for a reason, stay clear you hear, stay clear.

Caher

Swam in the Atlantic today and will do tomorrow. Love it.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Gotta wait a few months before I’d venture in the sea here as we’re in the depths of winter.

From the end of November though, sea swimming is mandatory. Riding in 30+ temps along the coast and the occasional dip to cool down. Can’t wait!

BillMC

Croyde later today after a 3hr 40mn drive.

slackalice
    Free Member

I once went swimming in the middle of the Atlantic, slap over the ridge in fact. The chart showed it to be 4 miles to the floor. Crystal clear water, where the Walker log impeller could be seen clearly at the end of the 60′ line.

Sea was like a mill pond and I remember the water temperature being ice cold to bath water warm within a few strokes, quite odd.

Anyway, with one of us hoisted up the mast on shark lookout, the rest of us jumped in and washed and freaked out at how far out of our depth we were. It probably only took about 20 mins for the Sharks to appear…

Won’t be swimming in the North Sea today though!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Going to swim in the sea tomorrow.’ is closed to new replies.