Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Going Deaf & Stupid
  • tarquin
    Free Member

Had a pretty poopy day today.

As standard procedure for being inducted onto sites you undertake medicals, part of them happens to be a hearing test.

Turns out im going deaf, not work related deafness, just natural (different apparantly, can tell from the test). I knew I would at some point, as my dad is going that way, but im only 26, thought I had a few years yet (same for going grey!).

Ontop of that, managed to make a mistake on a job I did last week that I didn’t notice at the time. Picked it up today when I came to start writing the report, not a problem you might think, when the site is 6 hours away it is, not just a pop out to correct the error. Had to man up and admit it straight away to my boss and the directors, had a brief chat about it and they were OK with it. I know we were making a good profit, so it will only impact on it slightly.

It’s not the admitting fault, its that I made it in the first place, I’m really mad at myself for making it in the first place than anything else.

On the up side, fastest time on my after work ride, including getting a full red light at one of the two sets of lights!

khani
    Free Member

YES!!!!…I AM I THINK…ITS TUESDAY Y’KNOW… 😯

bellerophon
    Free Member

PARDON WHAT YA SAYING??

molgrips
    Free Member

Making mistakes in work isn’t the test of being stupid – it’s how you act afterwards. You seem to have done the right thing so you’re ok.

As for deafness – you can lose a lot of hearing range before really noticing it I think.

geoffj

Just don’t do what my dad does and refuse to acknowledge that you are going deaf. Get a hearing aid AND USE IT. You may be living in blisfull ignorance, but it can be bloody hard work for those around you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Going Deaf & Stupid’ is closed to new replies.