Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • going 1×10 looks to be hard with my cranks?
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

hi im planning on going 1×10 like ive said in a previous post but i dont know if i can…my friend said that i cant due to my wierd sram carbon cranks?
    here is my bike:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/stumpjumper-fsr-expert-evo-2011-mountain-bike-ec024993#features
    read the spec of the bb/cranks and let me know if i can please…im just about to buy a chainring and bashguard and dont wanna waste my money?
    big thanks to who ever replies…THANKYOU SO MUCH!
    (im pretty stupid when it comes to mechanics like this)

hunter2701
    Free Member

???

hunter2701
    Free Member

??

toppers3933
    Free Member

just take your granny ring off and fit a chain device. should do it.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

You could even remove the spider and put a 30t spiderless ring on there

hunter2701
    Free Member

so i dont need anything special like any special attachment?

toppers3933
    Free Member

no. just a normal 104mm bcd i think.

hunter2701
    Free Member

ok…cheers guys big help!

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I have heard of putting a 30T or 31T on a 104bcd, but I don’t think that will work on a carbon crank because you need to shave a bit off to get it to fit

What I was saying is that on these cranks you can take the spider off (the 4 arms) there’s three bolts that you need to unscrew then you can fit a spiderless ring ie you dont need the spider so theres no bcd to worry about. You need to get the right ring for the crank – I used an MRP bling ring on sram xo cranks.

If you go down this route and still want a bash you’ll have to use an all in one chain device like a mrp micro g2 as there’s no bolt holes on your spiderless ring

or just go with a 32 ring if you’ve got a 36 on the back it’ll get you up most stuff, does get a bit of a pain though imho

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘going 1×10 looks to be hard with my cranks?’ is closed to new replies.