Home Forums Chat Forum Goggles for dogs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Goggles for dogs
  • HansRey

My 4yr old shepherd dog has been diagnosed with a chronic eye condition. Exposure to UV aggravates it and the doctor recommended getting her some sunglasses.

Rex specs look good, with different lenses available. Has anybody got any recommendations?

(Photos of dogs in Elton John sunglasses also acceptable :) )

HansRey

mattyfez

Can you limit walks to early mornings or late evenings? that’s the easiest way to reduce UV exposure.

martinb
    Free Member
    montgomery
    Free Member

No advice, it just gives me an excuse to post a picture of my sister’s neighbour’s dog.

HansRey

That’s a strong look, Montgomery.

DickBarton

Got followed (and then overtaken) up the Climb at Comrie with a guy and his dog…dog was about 6″ off the back wheel. It was wearing googles as it doesn’t matter what the conditions are, it stayed 6″ behind. So all the stuff thrown up from the rear tyre was hitting its face (suggests the dog was a bit thick!).
    Absolutely kept the dog’s eyes protected and in that situation seems to be a very sensible idea.
    Dog was very happy wearing them…removed when stopped as they steamed up but as soon as they went on, the dog was clearly looking forward to what was coming!

northernsoul

Many working dogs (including those used by mountain rescue teams) need goggles for eye protection. This page might be worth a look.

breninbeener

Rexspex i think my friend uses

HansRey

IMG20240810232253

HansRey

Ordered a set of rexspecs. thanks for the recommendation and advice all

z1ppy

might be worth messaging.. Miko the dog with Sunglasses

BBC news story about him

Opps  bit late it seems but it might help someone else in the future

MoreCashThanDash

I know a couple of people who use Doggles for dogs on bike and motorbike rides,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.