Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Go pro or contour.??
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

What’s best? Really like the contour( size/shape etc) but everyone seems to use the go-pro and the footage does seem to be good hd/good sound…

Want to sort something out soonish

Northwind

They’re both excellent units but the Gopro’s packaged better for cycling and has better mounting options.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

wait on the new sony pov coming out, it will destroy everything else!

xanboy
    Free Member

The Sony’s footage is not that great and it’s mounting options are limited

bencooper
    Free Member

Image quality very good on both, but the GoPro has more mounting options and accessories. Though I use a Contour 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Cam zinks crash footage looked pretty good on a contour HD

MarkN
    Free Member

Check out the new Contour+2

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

I have a contour Roam, so may be a bit biased, but, I have been very happy with it, personally I think it’s equal if not better than the go-pro HD, but not as good as the Go- Pro Hd2.

Mounting options on the contour has been a lot better than I expected. I use the the flexi strap, and the two other helmet mounts the fixed and swivel one forget what they are called, but came with the unit. If you haven’t already checked out the contour web site there’s lots of videos taken, search for my screen name and you should find some videos of mountain biking and paragliding, that might give you some idea of quality and stability of the mountings, used in various light conditions.

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

P.s, yes the contour +2 looks awesome, but I imagine there is a hefty price tag to go with it?

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

wisepranker
    Free Member

I’ve got a Contour going cheap if you’re interested 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fscontour-hd-helmet-camera-and-accessories

I’ve blight a Gopro 2 to try as I fancy using it for still photo’s as well as videos.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I’ve always thought the go pro looked a bit like a kids toy camera which has put me off…some pals had them snowboarding this year and they were pretty cool,the footage was very good! Is the contour dearer?

xanboy
    Free Member

GoPro video, not riding but it’s impressive stuff
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFA25CcAfE

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

Roam is or was at least considerable cheaper than the contour GPS and contour + and Go-pro, Contour + and now +2 I imagine is by far the most expensive.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Drift?

rewski
    Free Member

Just bought a roam on amazon for £130, very impressed with quality of camera and footage.

MarkN
    Free Member

Roam is or was at least considerable cheaper than the contour GPS and contour + and Go-pro, Contour + and now +2 I imagine is by far the most expensive.

Prices avail here

I have used them a few times and rate the service.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Go pro or contour.??’ is closed to new replies.