Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Glentress Seven 2013 open for (discount) entries
  • laraichean

Awesome course, great craic, brilliant venue and a ton of other stuff going on at the TweedLove festival. June 1-2 is going to be a mega weekend in the Tweed Valley. Gwin, Peat et al are racing at Inners the next day too.
    Discounted early entries for gt7 are here.

backinireland
    Free Member

Does this sell out quickly?

Northwind

Hard to say as it’s only the 3rd year- signups for the King&Queen are ridiculously high already though. I doubt you need to rush at this point but it’s worth keeping an eye on entrants, I only got in last year because of helping dig it I think.

Great event… Excellent course but it’s not just that, the atmosphere was superb even when the weather went to hell in 2011. I unexpectedly became a soloist 2 hours in this year, which would normally have made me spit the dummy well and truly, but somehow it worked out. Won’t be missing it this year.

fasthaggis

Yay, I think I will take the week off and do the whole Tweedlove thang 🙂

fasthaggis

So, how Rad ,Gnarr is the King and Queen of the Hill ?
    Is it for downhillers only ,or could XC lycra boys and girls have a go?

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d describe myself as of a reasonable standard and was well up for the enduro until I had a run down Brown Trout. Wet, rooty and steep, way way harder than anything else at GT. I’d not fancy racing down it I must say.

fasthaggis

Cheers , I plan to be down there all week ,so was going to try and get the most out of the 2 weekends.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Fasthaggis, I’m no riding god and managed round with a bit of running and jumping over things here and there down brown trout. The rest of the course was mainly on red route trails or similar type so nothing too technical.

It was one of the best day’s riding I have done in ages, we went round in a group on the linking stages and then took our turns on the timed sections. Worked really well and was a great social day out.

It’s definitely a ‘have a go’ for everyone event. Get booked!

fasthaggis

😀 Done. What could possibly go wrong? 😉

Northwind

I think there was a backup plan for the Broon Troot stage, if it’d been its usual slippery self but in the event it was dry- just plain confusing!

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Mrs Ivnickkate’s mate ran down Broon Troot in King/Queen, with the intention of dropping that stage time, but ran so fast, it wasn’t her drop stage 😀

Northwind

Hah. For me it was always “which of these two dismally slow climbs will be dropped” 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Seven 2013 open for (discount) entries’ is closed to new replies.