Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Glasgow-Edinburgh canal ride this Saturday
  • BoardinBob

Yes it was a great ride. Nice steady pace all the way. A well deserved pint at the end. I’ll be there on the 2nd.

Xan
    Free Member

I’m still on for the 2nd. looking forward to it. Did you manage to judge the wind right?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yeah an average of the weather sites said easterly going to north-easterly in the afternoon, which was pretty much accurate. Locally there were times when we had a bit of headwind, but probably just due to the surrounding hills and trees. Was a bit chilly until we got past Falkirk, then the sun split the sky coming into Glasgow. Shame we didn’t get a sunny bench outside Cottiers!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’d be interested in doing this but i’m Edinburgh based so would be looking to start from Edinburgh and then get the train from Glasgow back. I’ll keep an eye on this thread though and see what the plan is.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did you take full sussers in the end?

BoardinBob

I slept like a baby afterwards. 10 hours of uninterupted sleep. Bliss.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I might be interested in doing this on the 2nd, will you be setting off at the same time again?

BoardinBob

We got the 8:30am train to Edinburgh and it was a pretty decent time to start

BoardinBob

Did you take full sussers in the end?

I did.

I even managed to fall off. 😳

Xan
    Free Member

think it will be the same as bob and lee did last week. Wait and see how wind is on the weather the day before then decide where to start. Doing this with a head wind would be a nightmare. Think i have a few more guys that might be interested in joinin us.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Class BB. I ride a 6″ bike at Glentress so I’m no one to point and laugh…

A mate recently dislocated his shoulder on a canal path so I know they have their perils 😀

BoardinBob

Think i have a few more guys that might be interested in joinin us.

I love explaining to my non-cycling friends that I spend my weekends meeting strange guys off the internet dressed in lycra.

Offroading
    Free Member

Are you guys going to do Edinburgh To Glasgow this time ?

Id be up for that – bring my XC Race bike :mrgreen:

Perhaps a Edinburgh-Glasgow thread might be an idea ?

Xan
    Free Member

lol. Does sound a bit gay lol. As i said above think we need to decide closer to the time what direction we are going in. All wind dependant.

BoardinBob

the reward at the end 8)

dr_adams
    Free Member

i would like to try and tag along an ed to glasgow ride? fear my fitness is a bti low but might help boost it!

BoardinBob

fear my fitness is a bti low but might help boost it!

It’s really easy to be honest. The distance seems massive but it’s totally flat all the way. I was probably 70 miles door to door but I wasn’t out of breath at any point and I’m a 15 stone lard ass.

allyharp

I’d like to join this sometime but Saturdays are bad for me. I work either a Friday or a Saturday night every weekend until about 1am. So if it’s a Friday getting up for 8 isn’t easy, alternatively getting back in time for a 5 o’clock start on Saturday isn’t going to leave me with much energy!

Maybe during the summer if anyone organises another one.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Whatever way we do it, it’s only 45 mins on the train, and they’re every 20mins that time of the morning on a saturday, have to check the times on a sunday (maybe every 30mins).

To be honest I was quite tired at the end, and my ass was sore from 6 hours spinning in the saddle (maybe down to my under-geared SS)

I’ll start a fresh thread…

druidh
    Free Member

Seems such a shame to end on 99 posts….

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow-Edinburgh canal ride this Saturday’ is closed to new replies.