Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gisburn Forest Hub
  • Dales_rider
    Free Member

Anyone know the latest with the car park cafe etc are they open yet.

grum
    Free Member

Was open yesterday.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Thanks Grum 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Nae bother. I don’t know if it’s open every day. Was pretty impressed with all the new stuff – the whole thing seems a lot better now than last time I was there.

martinhutch

Car park open – watch out for potholes which have already appeared on the track going in though. Saw one guy arriving with a flat tyre the other day. No car park charges yet, coming soon…

Cafe open Fri/Sat/Sun I think.

stumpyjon

As above, cafe open Fri, Sat, Sun. Car parking free at the moment, £3 charge per day per car coming when the legals have been finalised with the landlord (United Utilities). £ 30 annual passes to be available online and hopefully from the cafe.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Thanks all Daughters popping over tomorrow night, me It’ll be first Sunday in June, thats if I survive a Velodrome session the day before.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Didn’t check out the new cafe when we were there the other week as it was lashing down, we were drenched and after getting changed in a windswept car park the last thing we wanted to do was trudge 200m across a windswept field to the cafe in the rain.
    But, the facilities are a load better than what was there before (ie, nothing). The trails are excellent too but getting absolutely battered in places. Hully Gully was fecked (which seems to be a recurring theme which is a shame as when its dry and in good condition its one of the most genuinely fun and unique bits of trail I’ve come across) and parts of the climb up after the swamp and before very top near the craggs wasn’t in a good way.

Thats in no way condemning the work of the volunteers up there who do an excellent job. We bumped into them building the new line on Homebaked but it feels like it might be fighting a losing battle up there… Do the volunteer trail builders have to maintain the whole lot? Or just the handbuilt sections? Maybe it was just because it was soo damn wet that made it feel worse than it actually was…

grum
    Free Member

I was up on Sunday in glorious weather and thought in general it all seemed in good condition, certainly a lot better than the last time I was there. Hully Gully was mostly dry and riding great.

totalshell

gettng up there friday for the first time.. the sun WILL shine!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Must have been the weather then when we were there. Don’t think I’ve ever done Gisburn in the dry. Must try again though as even in the wet its great fun.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest Hub’ is closed to new replies.