Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Giro (spoiler)
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Cav wins ,without a train at the end !

brakes
    Free Member

and drops an F-bomb on the telly.
    still the best.

Edric64
    Free Member

And an immediate apology !!

speckledbob
    Free Member

Absolute class. Goes the long way and still gets it, and manages to swear in the interview.

Good shoulder work from Buhani(?) with that BMC rider.

Not impressed with any of Cav’s leads out at all this year.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Was watching it in Italian – (not that i speak a word of it) and was impressed with his linguistic ability, though i missed that one! Great effort – thought he was really boxed in too. Cav in the maglia rosa: great stuff.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

BMC rider was adam blythe.

that was a mess and I reckon some choice words in the QS team bus tonight. Cav is ridic.

Edric64
    Free Member

Commentary said they had worked hard for Cav all day but the team were not there at the end.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

they were on front but they said it was fairly pedestrian and there was a cannondale rider up the road for a minute… QS hardly chasing. They were nowhere with 4k to go and steegmans (last man) had another bike problem with 700m to go. Was a mess.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Got to feel a bit sorry for Cannondale – they were by far the best performers over the stage. Huge effort from Wurf in his 110km break and they were by far the most organised lead out.

Quick Step was a bit of a shambles, but Cav is just too damned fast. Does make me miss the HTC days though…

scaredypants

who’s the commentator (not Sean, the other geezer) ?
    I seem to have taken a disliking to his style already 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

HTC were just so drilled at fast leadouts in a team where more than one rider was capable of top 5 finishes in sprints

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Cav must be wondering if the setup at HTC can ever be duplicated, bet he didn’t realise quite how good it was at the time.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Indeed Renshaw is the best lead out man in the busines surely.

Surprised ITV4 aren’t covering this. Quite enjoy the highlights despite Ligget.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to watch this? Is it Eurosport or somewhere online?

ampthill

Where are you getting comments from Ligget?

First time ever I have paid to watch tv. Stumped up a fiver to watch on Eurosport. Wife says todays finish was worth it on its own

Edit Europsport is online

£3 a month with a tie in period

£5 a month and cancel whenever you like. Live coverage can be rewound 2 hours. Can’t work out if the highlight show will be on the catch up service…..

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

watch eurosport or on cyclingfans for free(with foreign commentary).

Steegmans should be an excellent lead out man as a) he can sprint in his own right and b)he is massive to sit behind. May redeem himself yet. A big part of HTC was T Martin, who is also at QS but has obviously come up a couple of notches as a rider in his own right and is somewhat wasted as a train man. They need 2 riders who can pin it from 3k / 2.5 out to stop teams coming over the top of them. Cav deserves everything he has coming to him as I dont think people give him enough credit. doesnt look like a cyclist….best sprinter of his generation by a mile. How he even gets round a grand tour is beyond me.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep on paper Steegmans should be good-unfortunately he is a shit rider!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

has been shit ever since he went to Katusha and wouldnt sign their anti doping charter.(cough) ….

butcher

I laughed out loud at Cav dropping the F-bomb in the post-race interview. He looked genuinely embarrassed. Incredible win though. Cav doing what he does best, bending minds and the rules of physics.

ashfanman
    Free Member

My favourite Cav clip of all time: link.

Two things to look out for, other than the simply impossible burst of speed:

1) Sanchez’s “what the hell?!” reaction after Cav flies past him like he’s barely moving
    2) The French commentary at 6:00, during an amazing overhead shot that really shows the difference in pace between Cav and everyone else: “C’est pas possible!”

Awesome. 😀

eskay

A very impressive sprint from Cav, looks like he is going to have to use all of his cunning to win the sprints. His team don’t look up to it.

Sky Sports highlights were OK, still cannot beat Phil Ligget though.

jonba
    Free Member

Are the highlights available on free to air channels or do I need to go to the usual online suspects. I was disappointed ITV hadn’t picked them up.

jamiep
    Free Member

a collection of links here

bikebouy
    Free Member

Today’s TT will be a boring watch, shame they put it in so soon in the Race.

Happy to see Cav nail the win, hoping to watch it (recorded) later when we get home from the SSUK..

Suns out too… 8)

crazy-legs

Today’s TT will be a boring watch, shame they put it in so soon in the Race.

TTT is always brilliant to watch! Quite short and technical so there’s the chance to lose large amounts of time if you balls it up. The top ten won’t be separated by much though but everyone will have to give it full gas if they don’t want to be left behind at this early stage!
    Bring it on, I love Team Time Trials.

brakes
    Free Member

me too. chance to see the big names too, early on. rather than them just being somewhere hidden in the bunch.

warton
    Free Member

IMO the TTT is one of the most beautiful sights in cycling, if done correctly. If done badly it can turn into a comedy!

miketually
    Free Member

Cav almost doesn’t need a lead out any more, so long as he has a team to pull back breakaways as none of the other sprint teams will bother since Cav’s so likely to win.

Watching yesterday, I thought he’d no chance as he seemed so far back an isolated. Then he did what he does best and I remembered that I’d thought the same and been proven wrong several time before 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

as it’s a technical course, I reckon there will be a bit of both

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Giro (spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.