Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Gig Census
  • spud-face

Definitely one to see, saw him at the QMU in Glasgow years ago, Abdominal was great as well
    *explodes with envy* (and rage at Mobile Firefox making quoting so ****. Difficult. And microscopic)r

DezB
    Free Member

Just added Sleaford Mods -.Brighton, May. Should be full of attitude.

voodoo_chile

No gigs as of yet … But trying to check out “Amos Lee” if he comes to our shores ..I am in a musical desert at the moment …inspire me !!!

elliott-20
    Free Member

now to make you mega jealous then- i sat in on several rehearsals when they were writing the songs for that record! the original guitarist jay’s a long time and very good friend of mine…

😀

Do you know what Jay’s up to now. Really liked 32 Frames but it was only short lived.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

32 frames as well?! blimey. i spent 3 summers in louisville in the late 90s and all those guys are lifelong friends now, especially big jim!

jay went off grid for a long time and lived self sufficiently in the woods, but a couple of years ago returned to civilisation. he’s not doing anything new really, but they did reform By the Grace of God as a part time thing and are looking at booking europe/UK dates later this year if that’s of interest?

elliott-20
    Free Member

This is turning into a bit OT come mid 90’s post hardcore / straight-edge thread but Empathy and By The Grace of God are some of my favourite bands from that era, along with Falling Forward and the rest of the whole midwest me scene 😆 But even the slimmest possibility of seeing By The Grace of God would be pretty damn exciting.

SiofCannock
    Free Member

My mate unintentionally made J Mascis crack a ‘joke’. After a particularly crushingly loud Dinosaur jr gig in Brum, they went off stage and Steve shouted “TURN IT UP!” In his loudest, manliest voice. Dinosaur returned for an encore, J shuffled up to his mic and deadpanned “turnitup” really softly in a high pitched Brummie accent. Absolutely hilarious coming from J.

shaggy

I heard J Mascis this week in Bristol. I saw his cap and guitar neck, and actually his face, for about a second. At 6’1″ and a few rows back it was definitely the tallest crowd at a gig I’ve ever been to. Sounded good though.

Coming up:
    Mark Lanegan
    Less than Jake
    Mariachi El Bronx
    Need to order Mudhoney tickets.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Gig Census’ is closed to new replies.